Will Ian be the "big one" of the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

Poll ended at Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:40 pm

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 16

Abdullah
Category 1
Category 1

#1 Postby Abdullah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:23 pm

Please make poll

Options:
Yes
No (It was Fiona)
No (It will develop after September)

I think Yes
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Will Ian be the "big one" of the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season?

#2 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:41 pm

Made a poll about this question that wiil end for voting on October 8th at 6:40 PM.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

kevin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby kevin » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:15 pm

I voted yes. If we get an even 'bigger one' it'll probably come from the WCar as is the case with many late season hurricanes.
4 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:12 pm

Pretty sure it's well within reason to call "Fiona" and "Ian" both big ones, one for Puerto Rico/DR/Canada, the other for Cuba and Florida.

Now as for if we have yet to see the strongest storm of the season....hmm, my feeling is that something will appear in October.
4 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”