Hurricane Ian Damage Claims

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

Hurricane Ian Damage Claims

#1 Postby 1900hurricane » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Hello all! Haven't been posting here much lately, life has gotten pretty busy for me. With that said, it is always enjoyable to read everyone's thoughts here and participate in discussion!

I am working with Becker Engineering as a meteorologist and consultant, and we just recently deployed three of our Hurricams to monitor and document Hurricane Ian as it made landfall in Florida. It ended up being a successful mission! However, as an engineering company, our work is just getting started as we begin to rebuild from the devastation caused by Hurricane Ian. And that's where the purpose of this post begins.

We are looking to contact entities (mostly, but not necessarily exclusively companies) to assist with damage claims where an Engineer is needed. Since we are based out of Texas, we don't have eyes and ears in Florida, making it difficult to figure out where to start and who to contact to help the best way we can. The man in charge, Greg Becker, is a licensed and windstorm certified engineer all across the US, including Florida and all the Gulf Coast states, so he's someone with the credentials and experience to assist with Ian's aftermath and help people to move forward.

For y'all in Florida, or with strong contacts there, do you know what major companies or groups are strongly advertising assistance with damage claims in the wake of Hurricane Ian? Feel free to leave a message in this thread below if so, it would be a huge benefit to us. And if you have any special inquiries, feel free to shoot me a direct message. God Bless and Godspeed!

To moderators: I realize this isn't the typical Talkin' Tropics discussion, so feel free to let me know if I need put this thread elsewhere or feel free to move it to a more relevant board. Thanks!
10 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Hurricane Ian Damage Claims

#2 Postby 1900hurricane » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:53 pm

This applies to anywhere in Florida by the way, not just the landfall area, so if you hear anything in the Orlando or Daytona area too, please leave me a reply to let us know who to contact. It can be anyone you see advertising on television, through radio ads, billboards, etc. Thanks again!
1 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Hurricane Ian Damage Claims

#3 Postby 1900hurricane » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:48 pm

For those interested about the Hurricams, here's a few photos I took of us installing and uninstalling them before and after Ian.

And yours truly holding a Hurricam after successful deployment and retrieval.

Please please please, if you have anyone for us to contact (can literally be someone on TV ads), please message me below! Thanks y'all.
4 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”