When will the TCR's of Fiona and Ian be released?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

When will the TCR's of Fiona and Ian will be released?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 am

Febuary 1-10
No votes
Febuary 11-20
No votes
Febuary 21-28
No votes
March 1-10
No votes
March 11-20
No votes
March 21-31
8%
April
83%
May and beyond
8%

Total votes: 12

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

When will the TCR's of Fiona and Ian be released?

#1 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am

The NHC has been releasing reports in the past few weeks, but there was a pause for the holidays. Now they have picked up the releasing of them so the question is, when will the long reports of Fiona and Ian the members think will be released as for sure both will be very long with plenty of data. Members will have 5 days to vote as the poll will close on Febuary 5th at 12:14 PM EST. Follow the updated list of the reports as they are released at the 2022 TCR's thread.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Hurricane2022
Category 3
Category 3

Re: When will the TCR's of Fiona and Ian be released?

#2 Postby Hurricane2022 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:50 am

I think Fiona's TCR will be out around the end of April or early May, Ian's TCR will be out in June, or end of May. :)
0 likes   
Sorry for the bad English sometimes...!
For reliable and detailed information for any meteorological phenomenon, please consult the National Hurricane Center, Joint Typhoon Warning Center , or your local Meteo Center.

--------

Una cvm Christo, pro Christo, et in Christo. Sit nomen Domini benedictvm.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:55 am

Iota's TCR came out in early 2021, like March or April. Usually, the latest TCRs come out in March/April, but since Ian was a monster, I'm going to say April as the latest.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:11 pm

Wait, doesn't the NHC typically announce when TCRs come out in advance, at least when it comes down to major systems?
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#5 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:52 pm

I'm guessing they will be the last two to be released due to the amount of data. In recent years, the big ones have generally been in either March or April (except after 2020 due to workload).
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”