Low Pressure Inland over the SE U.S.

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
ChrisH-UK
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Low Pressure off the SE U.S Coast

#21 Postby ChrisH-UK » Sat May 27, 2023 12:43 pm

GEO Colour Meso Sector, to be honest if it had a few more days further out at sea this to detach itself off the front it could of been the second storm of the season.

5 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby LarryWx » Sat May 27, 2023 1:38 pm

ScottNAtlanta wrote:It has actually brought a lovely day to the Atlanta Metro. Northerly winds are a bit brisk, but temps in the low 70's and sunshine. It doesn't get much better than that. I might actually get some yard work done without melting (maybe) :lol:

Sounds great!

At 2:30 PM here it is windy from the NW with light rain and 57 F due to the nearby offshore low. This is ~27 F BN for mid afternoon on 5/27! Just 4 years ago at this time on this date it was ~100 F, 43 warmer!

From this area to Hunter, we're at ~2.25" of rain today, ~2" more than expected as of yesterday.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Sat May 27, 2023 3:22 pm

LarryWx wrote:
ScottNAtlanta wrote:It has actually brought a lovely day to the Atlanta Metro. Northerly winds are a bit brisk, but temps in the low 70's and sunshine. It doesn't get much better than that. I might actually get some yard work done without melting (maybe) :lol:

Sounds great!

At 2:30 PM here it is windy from the NW with light rain and 57 F due to the nearby offshore low. This is ~27 F BN for mid afternoon on 5/27! Just 4 years ago at this time on this date it was ~100 F, 43 warmer!

From this area to Hunter, we're at ~2.25" of rain today, ~2" more than expected as of yesterday.

I'm actually surprised about how windy it is here. It's been pretty gusty in the range of probably 20-25mph...I did fill 3 garbage cans full of yard debris though...now I need a nap
2 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Sciencerocks
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby Sciencerocks » Sat May 27, 2023 5:28 pm

0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#25 Postby tolakram » Sat May 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Annoying storm, with clouds streaming all the way up here to the Cincinnati area. Go away! :lol:
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

syfr
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby syfr » Sat May 27, 2023 6:58 pm

Surprisingly gusty winds here all day in ECentral NC. Long , steady rain and a high in the low 60's? ! ! ! :cold:
1 likes   
I'm not a meteorologist, I'm an electronics engineer. While I can probably fix your toaster oven, you're not going to learn about storms from me!

New Mexico had no hurricanes. Then I moved to NC right before Fran.....

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#27 Postby tolakram » Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 am

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#28 Postby tolakram » Sun May 28, 2023 10:05 am

11:00AM EDT 5-28-2023
5 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Low Pressure Inland over the SE U.S.

#29 Postby LarryWx » Sun May 28, 2023 11:08 pm

"Carnival Cruise Ship Back Sailing After Stormy Cruise and Damage"

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cru ... age/102507
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”