Could next season be hyperactive post Nino?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hurricane2022
Category 4
Category 4

Re: Could next season be hyperactive post Nino?

#21 Postby Hurricane2022 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:06 pm

mantis83 wrote:
Ianswfl wrote:
FireRat wrote:I would imagine 2024 could be quite active after this season's over-performance. Depending on how long the Nino lasts, we might want to mentally prepare for 2025 too! The next 2 years could be quite interesting IMO!

If it's active I expect a 2005 type season. Not just storms but intensity and more western atl and carribean focused. If the water temps are like this I expect dorian and Katrina type storms.

I'm still shocked how bare the Caribbean has been of convection this season.

if next season is active lets hope they all stay out in the open atlantic, with little harm to life and property.......

I hope this will happen, but as we all know, unfortunately hope is not a good instrument for efficient protection against hurricanes
0 likes   
Sorry for the bad English sometimes...!
For reliable and detailed information for any meteorological phenomenon, please consult the National Hurricane Center, Joint Typhoon Warning Center , or your local Meteo Center.

--------

Una cvm Christo, pro Christo, et in Christo. Sit nomen Domini benedictvm.

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby Kingarabian » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:37 pm

Could see an active season. But a season with heavy CONUS threats would be 2 years after El Nino I believe. There was a thread about this posted a few years back.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Ianswfl
Category 1
Category 1

#23 Postby Ianswfl » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Kingarabian wrote:Could see an active season. But a season with heavy CONUS threats would be 2 years after El Nino I believe. There was a thread about this posted a few years back.

2005 and 1998 were one year after El Nino.
2 likes   

Old-TimeCane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#24 Postby Old-TimeCane » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Ianswfl wrote:
Kingarabian wrote:Could see an active season. But a season with heavy CONUS threats would be 2 years after El Nino I believe. There was a thread about this posted a few years back.

2005 and 1998 were one year after El Nino.

1998 didn't have a landfall in the CONUS as a Cat 3+ or what would generally be considered Cat 3+ pressure-wise. 1999 was the two years after year, and it delivered.

2005 was only one year after 2004, *but* if you go back and read through those pages, it's two years after a traditional El Nino and just one year after a modoki. 2004 was modoki.
1 likes   
The above post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”