Some changes to the NWHHC forecasts this year

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Derek Ortt

Some changes to the NWHHC forecasts this year

#1 Postby Derek Ortt » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:32 pm

Everyone,

While Ihave not made this announcement on NWHHC as of yet (because I am still working out the final details), there are going to be some changes to the forecast format. These are relatively minor and are mainly additions from last year.

The first of these is that forecasts will be out to 5 days (against my better judgement). How we will be going about making these forecasts, I am not entirely sure as of yet, though there will be differences with the exact coordinates at 4 and 5 days that NHC will be providing.

The second of these is that the forecasts will now be available in graphical form (because I have been told in no uncertain terms to make them available in graphical form). A sample of the graphical form should be available within the next couple of weeks.

http://www.nwhhc.com
0 likes   

#2 Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:30 pm

Thanks for that info Derek.. :) ........And by the way how come you still have the FISH under your name?????
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#3 Postby Derek Ortt » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:51 pm

I think I have the fish because I am labeled as a forecaster. All of those labeled hat way have the fish
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:13 pm

The fish are there still because I haven't finished the special ranks...sorry! I'll bumb them up on priority list and get them done :-)

Thanks for the info Derek :-)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#5 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:45 am

Looking forward to it, Derek. Thank you very much. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”