If this were July..........

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

If this were July..........

#1 Postby Steve H. » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:12 am

There would be some definite concern. Trough setlling over the Florida peninsula with waves moving along and near it. One disturbance is shown in the GOM at day 5 and yet another in the Bahamas shows a surface low at day 8 on the GFS. Also high pressure shown to be near the mid Atlantic coast. If this were July it would be an interesting setup. Its intriguing now. Although not thought to be a sign of things to come, it may be showing a pattern setting up. These patterns often cycle throughout the summer, with bursts of, or potential of tropical activity. This may indeed be a sign of a pattern change and a harbenger of things to come in the next pulse (June :?: ) I was thinking it was just an oddball event. But looking at the long range models, perhaps its a pattern 8) Cheers!!
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#2 Postby cycloneye » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:18 am

Meteorology is not a perfect science as weather changes when you dont expect to do so.That goes to the models at the long range phase because many things can happen that may make a model go bad in it's forecast.

Let's wait for a definite trend of a pattern and then we can say what may happen in the near future.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Steve H. » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:19 am

Agreed, meteorology is far from an exact science. There's very little data to show any correlation between Ana being a sign of things to come or an oddball. Conversely, there's little data to show that she isn't, and the pattern may be showing that. I guess all I'm saying here Luis is that Ana may not be just a Fluke as many are stating. No wise cracks from the peanut gallery, I know she's not a flounder :o , but she may flounder around for a bit :wink:
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#4 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:36 pm

This is the first part of a possible pattern setting up. Another "setup" wouldn't be as intriguing as the one you mention above (Steve). We sure will be watching the situaton with the short term to long term weather patterns in the upcoming days, weeks and six to seven months. :)
0 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Steve H. » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:44 am

GFS still show low pressure forming in the GOM at day 6, over south Florida day 7, and just off the coast of West Palm moving to the Bahamas. Has been on the past 3 runs. Hey, just wanna keep the interest going til June :D
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:56 am

Steve I may wait for the low to form first and then comment about it but I wont be surprised if another storm forms in may(Bill) although chances are slim but never say never. :D :D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby chadtm80 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:17 am

boy that would be neat if it verifies
0 likes   

Rainband

Neat Indeed

#8 Postby Rainband » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:42 am

0 likes   

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:08 pm

Image Image
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#10 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:18 pm

Looks like the GFS has something near Bermuda by early next week on the same place ana formed but we have to wait for the reallity to see if a low forms and if other models follow the gfs.
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:18 pm

Now NOGAPS is picking this up too!!! :o
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:22 pm

Yep now are 2 models so let's keep watch this to see if in reallity some kind of low pressure forms northeast of the Bahamas.
0 likes   

Rainband

#13 Postby Rainband » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:24 pm

GFS and NOGAPS never even come close to being in sync!!!! :o Image
0 likes   

Anonymous

#14 Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:30 pm

It doesn't appear this low (if it forms) will be in as favorable of an environment as Ana was. Nonetheless, the trends with the models is rather suspicious, and after Ana's grand opening performance I wouldn't rule out anything at this point.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#15 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:31 pm

Nicely put, Rob. I agree with you. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”