Question About Models

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

Question About Models

#1 Postby Steve H. » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:42 am

Does anyone have a good link to the numericals?? I used to go thru Mike Bryson's tropical site, and I think that linked to FSU for the BAMs, LBAR, A98, SHIPS, etc. A good link would be appreciated so we can get a jump on the Invests :wink: Thanks in advance. Cheers!!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#2 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:48 am

Great idea, Steve. :D I look forward to any numerical model sites out there.

I come across them from time to time, usally links posted by other people. I put them in my favorites from time to time, as I delete them fro my favorites from time to time.
0 likes   

#3 Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:10 pm

0 likes   

ColdFront77

#4 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 pm

I remember that site, Harry. Thanks. :)
0 likes   

#5 Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:45 pm

No Problem... :D

You guys need something just ask.
0 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Steve H. » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:19 pm

That is a good site no doubt, but what I was wanting to find gave the BAMM, BAMD, LBAR, A98, and the two SHIPS out to 72 hours. I believe they are only available when there's an INVEST. Thanks for the link KoW!!
0 likes   

Rainband

#7 Postby Rainband » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:29 pm

0 likes   

#8 Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:33 pm

Nice site Rainband........Its now in my favorites....I had a site simular to this saved before i had to redo the computer here....

Thanks again. :D
0 likes   

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:38 pm

No problem King!!! :wink: http://dbaron.org/links/WTropical#Forecast Have one more!!! 8)
0 likes   

#10 Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:50 pm

Thanks again Rainband.............Another good site.

Everyone should check these sites out. Very good info.
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm

king of weather wrote:Thanks again Rainband.............Another good site.

Everyone should check these sites out. Very good info.
Anytime!!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Steve H. » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:06 am

That's It Rainband, thanks. Everyone needs to look at the dates when checking this data, the latest stuff in the LBAR/BAMs /A98E is always at the bottom of the parent directory. E.g, Today the file shows all models taking Ana to the ENE and the SHIPS dissipating her at 72 hours and the file is 032400, just as an example. Thanks again Rainband 8), soon we will have stuff to chat about :wink:
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#13 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:37 pm

I knew there were others. I put the two Rainband posted in my favorites as well. Thanks alot. :D
0 likes   

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:06 pm

Steve H. wrote:That's It Rainband, thanks. Everyone needs to look at the dates when checking this data, the latest stuff in the LBAR/BAMs /A98E is always at the bottom of the parent directory. E.g, Today the file shows all models taking Ana to the ENE and the SHIPS dissipating her at 72 hours and the file is 032400, just as an example. Thanks again Rainband 8), soon we will have stuff to chat about :wink:
No problem..If you need anything else I will do my best to find it!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Rainband

#15 Postby Rainband » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:07 pm

Steve H. wrote:That's It Rainband, thanks. Everyone needs to look at the dates when checking this data, the latest stuff in the LBAR/BAMs /A98E is always at the bottom of the parent directory. E.g, Today the file shows all models taking Ana to the ENE and the SHIPS dissipating her at 72 hours and the file is 032400, just as an example. Thanks again Rainband 8), soon we will have stuff to chat about :wink:
No problem..If you need anything else I will do my best to find it!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”