Floridas history of canes from Neil Frank

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Floridas history of canes from Neil Frank

#1 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:31 am

http://www.ibiblio.org/uncpress/hurrica ... eword.html

For those who live in Florida this will be important to read because comming from one of the best persons that knows a lot about hurricanes Neil Frank I think it will be useful to all of those who live in that penninsula and the keys.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby southerngale » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:01 am

I don't live in Florida, but cool..thanks cycloneye :D
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

ColdFront77

#3 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:40 pm

Thank you, Luis. I understand that central Florida's Atlantic coast, even the western, Gulf coast of Florida is due for a hurricane... especially the area between Daytona Beach, FL and Vero Beach, FL.
0 likes   

Southernmost Weather
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Southernmost Weather » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:40 pm

Thanks for the info Luis. I've heard it before--that we're due for a "major" storm. I don't know where the prognosticators come off with that. I know that I'm in an area that's prone to hurricanes and I take the necessary precautions. What I won't do, though, is evacuate. My property is important to me. Not only that, but no hurricane shelters will accept my pets which are part of my family. I've come under fire in time of war so I'll take my chances with Mother Nature. Those chances may not have the best odds, but that's the way it is.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:08 pm

Oh Harry that is bad that in the shelters they dont accept pets and that is why you ride out canes that may go your way but be careful there if sometime I hope never a cat 3 or higher cane goes by the keys.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Amanzi » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:19 pm

Thanks for that link Luis. :)
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#7 Postby Derek Ortt » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:26 am

We may be due, but I'm not losing any sleep about being hit by a major. The odds are against it. 2 in more than 40 years? I like my chances more than Cape Fear's
0 likes   

jabber
Category 2
Category 2

Very good read.... great history

#8 Postby jabber » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:28 pm

I recommend to all.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#9 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:34 pm

Derek, I am not losing sleep over the possibility of having a major hurricane hitting the central Florida coast. The chances have generally gone up over the years. I have no other way to explain what has been said about this issue.

I have gotten used to going to bed late and get up during the mid morning to late morning at times, but it is from thinking of this year's hurricane season, specifically. :D
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”