Something Irking me

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#21 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 01, 2003 6:47 pm

I said a real joke not to rainstorm but to Great Ones site that he has as a suspect forecast center.

Rainstorm you can forecast here about the hurricane season and I respect you as a ladie but I differ with you in terms of the forecasts greatly as you go dud season and I go active but no problems with the diferent views about the season but the only thing rainstorm that I can tell you is to back up your thinking of a dud season with evidence as I back up my forecast of active season with plenty of evidence.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Derek Ortt

#22 Postby Derek Ortt » Thu May 01, 2003 6:53 pm

Those are teens that GO has. He is trying to get competent people, but I'll eat my straw hat once that actually happens. He'll only ever get the wishcasters as his goal is to inflict more harm to people and property
0 likes   

Kevin_Wx

#23 Postby Kevin_Wx » Thu May 01, 2003 7:33 pm

Derek Ortt wrote:Those are teens that GO has. He is trying to get competent people, but I'll eat my straw hat once that actually happens. He'll only ever get the wishcasters as his goal is to inflict more harm to people and property

Could he possibly be against the NHC and the public? Nah! He's better than NHC! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes...Rainstorm would counter-act those forecasters with hopes and dreams of a category 5 hitting the US. They just don't show signs of ADHD, they also show signs of psychosis. :lol:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu May 01, 2003 8:10 pm

Sorry to join the party so late :-) You all have my word that the TeenTeam will not be posting here. We gave them a chance to participate and learn from those here that take this seriously and some professionally. They chose not to take advantage of the opprotunity afforded them. It's their loss.

As far as their site and forecasts, anyone who has been around the community for very long knows what kind of forecasts they put out and give them the attention they deserve...none!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby wx247 » Thu May 01, 2003 8:22 pm

I am confused. Rainstorm...are there 2 or are we speaking about the same one as if they were two? :?: Rainstorm...are you the same rainstorm as was on TWC? If so, I am sorry I didn't say howdy earlier. I remember you well. :)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Derek Ortt

#26 Postby Derek Ortt » Thu May 01, 2003 9:25 pm

Lets all be glad that they dont have their own domain name. This prevents their site from showing up in search engines
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby chadtm80 » Thu May 01, 2003 9:27 pm

Its amazing, but they actually seem to have some "followers" over at twc???
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#28 Postby Derek Ortt » Thu May 01, 2003 9:35 pm

Dont worry, he wont have followers for long after what he wrote tonight. He actually said subtrops should be classified as tropical and that classifying something as subtrop is BS.

There should be regulations on the boards requiring people to have a certain meteorology knowledge before being allowed to post
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby chadtm80 » Thu May 01, 2003 9:37 pm

Nope.. He only has one class... Cat 5's :wink:

We cant stop his crap elsewhere, but we can here :wink:
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby Amanzi » Thu May 01, 2003 9:44 pm

chadtm80 wrote:Its amazing, but they actually seem to have some "followers" over at twc???

What can I say Chad.. Charles Manson had followers :o :lol:
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby chadtm80 » Thu May 01, 2003 9:45 pm

LOL... Good point
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby wx247 » Thu May 01, 2003 9:48 pm

Derek Ortt wrote:Dont worry, he wont have followers for long after what he wrote tonight. He actually said subtrops should be classified as tropical and that classifying something as subtrop is BS.

There should be regulations on the boards requiring people to have a certain meteorology knowledge before being allowed to post

I hope no one employs the "certain meteorology knowledge" rule because if they did, how would we learn? I think that we can not know much and still be a valuable asset to a message board. It is when we don't know much and pretend we do is when the trouble starts.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#33 Postby vbhoutex » Thu May 01, 2003 11:18 pm

wx247 wrote:
Derek Ortt wrote:Dont worry, he wont have followers for long after what he wrote tonight. He actually said subtrops should be classified as tropical and that classifying something as subtrop is BS.

I hope no one employs the "certain meteorology knowledge" rule because if they did, how would we learn? I think that we can not know much and still be a valuable asset to a message board. It is when we don't know much and pretend we do is when the trouble starts.

EXACTLY GARRETT!!! WELL SAID!!

How would people like you and I get a start if that rule was enforced?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

ColdFront77

#34 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri May 02, 2003 1:06 am

Well said indeed, Garrett. Then there are those of us here, that are between not knowing and (degreed) tropical forecasters/meteorologists. :D
0 likes   

rainstorm

no problem!!

#35 Postby rainstorm » Fri May 02, 2003 8:40 am

Rainband wrote:
Derek Ortt wrote:RS is a ver good forecaster. I just hope she doesnt do something foolish like forecats for the clowns
Are those clowns..teenagers??..BTW Rainstorm I wasn't insulting your forecast abilities..just didn't know you forecasted :wink: Looking foward to hearing your imput this season. :D :D

cool!! it will be fun to see everyones ideas this season.
0 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby Steve H. » Fri May 02, 2003 10:23 am

Actually, I don't think that NOAA or anyone at the NHC for that matter could give a ratz a$$ if some amateur names a storm or not on HIS website. We need to keep things in perspective. This is not an official site, nor are any that people post at. There are first amendment rights, and if someone feels that Tampa is gonna get hit by a Cat 5 he can say that. Now that is not the same as yelling FIRE at a movie theatre, or BOMB at the airport. Those are actions that have consequences. I can forecast the weather any way I feel like it. Nobody has to listen. And heck, I may be right most of the time :o I can sell you the Brooklyn bridge too, but I won't get MANY buyers. We are amateurs at this, lest we get paid. Let's not get carried away with self-importance. Outside of the realm of weather enthusuists, not many in the general public care what we think. Most people are like sheep. When the Mets on TV start to get excited about a storm they react. We're not going to change that; and we shouldn't...its not OUR job.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#37 Postby vbhoutex » Fri May 02, 2003 10:52 am

VERY GOOD POINTS STEVE!!!

My concerns are not the naming of storms or anything similar to that. I FIRMLY SUPPORT 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS!! That is one reason I am at this board.

My concern with someone screaming a CAT5 is gonna hit Tampa or anywhere else, is the innocent unknowledgeable people who might come to one of these sites for information. They do not, in general, have the knowledge of the availability of "official" information sources that we do. I know we have disclaimers, etc., but people do not always read them. And I know it is "their problem" if they act based on something they read on one of these boards, but I for one do not want to be "responsible" for someone freaking when they find something like that. That is why I get pretty adament about some of the more STUPID FOOLISH posting I see. JMHO
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby chadtm80 » Fri May 02, 2003 11:07 am

I see what your saying steve, but they will NOT be making forecasts here..
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#39 Postby southerngale » Fri May 02, 2003 11:15 am

wx247 wrote:

I agree with the others Garrett...well said.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

mitchell
Category 1
Category 1

#40 Postby mitchell » Fri May 02, 2003 11:30 am

Steve is 100% correct. The great thing about message boards such as this one is to allow people with common interests to share information and opinions. If that happens to include an opinion that the storm currently off north carolina is Tropical Storm Bert (or whatever), most of us can agree that that opinion is wrong but the message board is better for having allowing that opinion to be expressed. Then the discussion can ensue!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”