Cycloneye's 2003 hurricane season outlook

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Kevin_Wx

#21 Postby Kevin_Wx » Fri May 02, 2003 5:16 am

rainstorm wrote:i am not sure ana forming was a good sign. now we have a second low off ga, though probably not tropical. lets hope we dont have another season of very weak development north of 30. i will make my forecast around 01jun

I don't know--we don't have so much subtropical activity in La Nina years. On top of that, we have what could possibly be a more favorable eastern Atlantic and a stronger ATC than last year. One thing is for sure, and that is that the development that does take place this year will be more intense than what we had last year.

We may not see the full benefits of these more favorable until August.
0 likes   

The_Cycloman_PR
Category 1
Category 1

#22 Postby The_Cycloman_PR » Sat May 03, 2003 12:58 pm

:wink: Right on the points Cycloneye! A great forecast! Does'nt has to be long to be complete. You went tru all the points, favorable ones and unfavorable for the season also. Very easy to read indeed!! Congratulations. My numbers for this season are 13, 7, 3, but as the majority of member are thinking I also think that I will be short on my numbers. This season as I am looking to it right now may be more active than we are expecting. The only factor that appear to be inhibiting cyclone formation is the QBO and with neutral to la nina conditions and the active thermohaline circulation bringing warm waters to the tropical Atlantic into the African coast, adding the conditions of the Azores high for this upcoming season I consider this season to be a dangerous one with the risk of 2 or more major hurricanes coming from the far eastern Atlantic, so the Islands must be aware and the east US coast as well the Florida peninsule also.

Any way, a great report Cyc!! Congratulations!!

I will call you later tonight after I am back from work and we'll have a nice conversation about it!! :)

Cycloman.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#23 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 03, 2003 2:44 pm

Thank you Cycloman and it was a short outlook because I didn't want it to be a very long outlook and then people might not understand many terminologys of the tropics butiin a few sentences I did a summary about what In my view will happen this upcomming season.

Ok Cycloman see you down the road this season. :)
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”