Western atlantic and EGOM warming

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Western atlantic and EGOM warming

#1 Postby cycloneye » Mon May 12, 2003 6:52 am

http://152.80.49.210/products/OTIS/US05 ... nomaly.gif

I posted 2 months ago if you remember this same map and already by march it was in the first stages of the warming but now the warmup is more pronnouced so that is a favorable factor for systems to develop as they will find the fuel but of course other factors come in and balance things.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Arizwx
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Western atlantic and EGOM warming

#2 Postby Arizwx » Mon May 12, 2003 7:03 am

cycloneye wrote:http://152.80.49.210/products/OTIS/US058VMET-GIFwxg.OTIS.glbl_sstanomaly.gif

I posted 2 months ago if you remember this same map and already by march it was in the first stages of the warming but now the warmup is more pronnouced so that is a favorable factor for systems to develop as they will find the fuel but of course other factors come in and balance things.

I believe Nostradamus beat you by a few hundred years,as he saw it as well Luis. He wrote:
"And in the year of the Great New Found World after the 2nd Millineum,the Heavenly Meteos and Hot Oceans will clash as titans and create Giant Whirlwinds will pillage each village,hamlet and burgin the Farmer's land and take great tolls."
No matter..nice call! :lol:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Tue May 13, 2003 7:09 am

The warmup continues expanding and now east of the lesser antilles the cooling that was there for weeks is fading slowly.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:22 am

Thanks for the update! :)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 15, 2003 8:52 pm

More yellows that indicate warming anomalys are appearing in the GOM and in the western atlantic.Also east of the lesser antilles it has been less cool than in the past 2 months so slow warming is taking place too.
0 likes   

Anonymous

#6 Postby Anonymous » Thu May 15, 2003 8:58 pm

The overall pattern for this summer is developing nicely.
0 likes   

jabber
Category 2
Category 2

#7 Postby jabber » Fri May 16, 2003 7:51 am

Boy... look at all the cool water west of S. America. That should put a dent to the shear we get in the Atlantic this season
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#8 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri May 16, 2003 10:32 am

Cool water west of South America puts a dent in upper level wind shear in the Atlantic?

I suppose this can be true. They don't seem to correlate.
0 likes   

Anonymous

#9 Postby Anonymous » Fri May 16, 2003 2:51 pm

Cool water west of South America puts a dent in upper level wind shear in the Atlantic?

I suppose this can be true. They don't seem to correlate.

Overall, vertical wind shear is weak across most of the basin when the EPAC is cool. However, this doesn't mean a strong TUTT can't develop.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#10 Postby weatherlover427 » Fri May 16, 2003 4:58 pm

What does this mean for me in California?
0 likes   

Anonymous

#11 Postby Anonymous » Fri May 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Not much. :lol:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 17, 2003 3:35 pm

It keeps warming as the days pass in the GOM and in the western atlantic as those yellows expand and also east of the lesser antilles less blue as the warming also is taking place although at a more slower pace there.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#13 Postby southerngale » Sat May 17, 2003 4:28 pm

Yep, it's warming up. It's 80° off the coast of SE Texas.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Sat May 17, 2003 5:17 pm

It was up to the high eighties off our coast.....I think the GOM and caribbean are the areas to watch for development!!!! :wink:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#15 Postby cycloneye » Mon May 19, 2003 10:01 pm

Steve take a look at the latest map of the ssta's and look off the east coast and what you see is warming taking place and that has been the case for a few weeks.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#16 Postby weatherlover427 » Mon May 19, 2003 11:51 pm

TropicalWxWatcher wrote:

Not much. :lol:

Thanks anyway, was hoping we could get some remnant moisture out of it. Oh well. :P
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”