Changes to NWHHC forecasts

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Derek Ortt

Changes to NWHHC forecasts

#1 Postby Derek Ortt » Mon May 12, 2003 6:25 pm

http://www.nwhhc.com/2003forecasting.html

5 day and graphical renditions are now available! Links to sample graphical forecasts are available o the linked page
0 likes   

Rainband

#2 Postby Rainband » Mon May 12, 2003 6:29 pm

Thanks for the link Derek..I am not sure if these extended timetable forecasts will help the public or wishcasters more!! :roll: :wink:
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#3 Postby Derek Ortt » Mon May 12, 2003 6:42 pm

I am somewhat concerned about it, but then again, as I saw from the log files during Hurricanes Isidore, Lili, and Kenna, the majority of the hits to nwhhc come from the public at large through search engines, etc (also from stealing forecasts and posting them around the net, such as at the New Orleans Saints message board during Hurricane Lili, but that is for another time). I cannot allow the wishcasters to dictate staying at 3 days. Hopeully the color coding will allow the public to know which forecasts are subject to large errors and which have some degree of certainty
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Mon May 12, 2003 6:42 pm

Let's see how the new 5 day forecast works at the TPC and in your site Derek because that will be a big challenge to see in a long range period of 5 days where and at what intensity a system will be in an area and the most important thing is how the public will react on those advisorys 5 days in advance.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rainband

#5 Postby Rainband » Mon May 12, 2003 6:47 pm

Yes I hope so..The funny thing is so many people don't even realize a cane is brewing or heading their way. IT SEEMS like the only people who have a handle on it are the experts or the enthusiasts....So the experts will get more time to warn all in the path and the wishcasters will get more time to wish it their way LOL :wink: I myself..am a person who loves the weather and Canes are fun to watch but when it comes to life and property..I personaly wish them the OTHER!!!!! way... :wink:
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#6 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon May 12, 2003 7:30 pm

Nice site, Derek. I look forward to visiting it again this season. :)

I agree Jonathan. :wink:
0 likes   

Rainband

#7 Postby Rainband » Mon May 12, 2003 7:37 pm

ColdFront77 wrote:Nice site, Derek. I look forward to visiting it again this season. :)

I agree Jonathan. :wink:
I agree with you too tom!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Anonymous

#8 Postby Anonymous » Mon May 12, 2003 8:39 pm

Looking nice, Derek. :cool:
0 likes   

Anonymous

#9 Postby Anonymous » Mon May 12, 2003 9:21 pm

Awesome. :D
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#10 Postby pojo » Tue May 13, 2003 1:56 pm

Looking good...I'll definitely be watching the NWHHC forecasts for upcoming canes.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”