The parade of tropical waves has begun

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

The parade of tropical waves has begun

#1 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:23 am

http://www.storm2k.org/Weather-Central/ ... lantic.htm

From now on we will see this parade increase as time goes by and over 100 waves travel the atlantic from east to west.Impressive is the wave about to emerge africa because of the early time of the season to see that kind of wave and more than that some models hint of some development first time I see models in early june agressive with a wave.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:23 am

Cyc, I was noticing that in the models last night! At least one of the models is getting aggressive with the wave beginning to emerge from Africa. IT IS VERY EARLY FOR A CAPE VERDE WAVE TO SHOW DEVELOPMENT!! Something for us to keep our eyes on for sure even though it is very doubtful that anything will happen at this time.

With low pressure dominating Mexico and the W GOM and extreme W Carribean for the next week we will be watching these areas for any possibilities of TC generation. As the NHC says though no formation is expected for at least the next 48 hours.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:28 am

0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:56 am

Whats up with this lil blob of east coast of FL? http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT ... -loop.html
0 likes   

Rainband

#5 Postby Rainband » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:59 am

chadtm80 wrote:Whats up with this lil blob of east coast of FL? http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT ... -loop.html
I think it's associated with the trough that crossed us...The wind will shift to the se on wednesday and it may provide us with alot of rain if it's still around.. :)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:11 am

It is definitely associated with the trough that has just cleared FL. It bears some watching, but should quickly be picked up and shunted off to the NE as soon as the steering currents strengthen in the area. I, ATT, do not see a threat to FL. But, as with any "blob" near a land mass during Hurricane Season, we will watch it closely so as to have no surprises.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

#7 Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:04 pm

Well that wave comming off of Africa is impressive to say the least for this time of year..............If it does hold together a couple of days it just may be something to watch...................After all this has been a year of oddities and records..................Im not saying that it will turn into anything either but its something to watch for a few days.............As for the little blob off of the FLA coast i wouldnt expect anything of it unless somehow it could hang around a few days and have a more favorable envirment above...............Its not unheard of to get development in that area but like VB said it should be picked up and head out to sea...................Hopefully before it does that it will give the Central areas of FLA some desperately needed rains.................Other then that i dont see no tropical formation either in the next 48hrs.............
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#8 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:28 pm

I dont expect anything to develop from that area but the atmosphere sometimes has some surprises to offer so let's watch and see if the models continue with the wave or drops it.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”