emergencyemail.org

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Houstonia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Sharpstown, Houston, Harris County, Southeast Texas.

emergencyemail.org

#1 Postby Houstonia » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:35 am

You can receive email and cell phone alerts from this website. This week is Hurricane Awareness week for them and they have some information on the following link: http://www.emergencyemail.org/hurricane/

I used this service (it's free) and it really DOES come in handy. I work in one county and live in another--I work on the outside edge of the "piney woods" area of Texas, but I live 50 miles south on the "coastal plains". The weather varies greatly from one place to the other and so having the warning service helps.

Houstonia
0 likes   

#2 Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:49 am

Thanks for the link Houstonia - I'm going to use it. I too work in Baytown - Harris County - but live in Chambers County.

Patricia
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:58 am

Thanks Houstonia
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

weatherlover427

#4 Postby weatherlover427 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:05 pm

I use this too - the only bad thing is they seem to e-mail you for every bitty thing that you sign up for, which I admit can actually be a good thing.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”