A deep breath

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Derek Ortt

A deep breath

#1 Postby Derek Ortt » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:45 pm

Nothing is forming in the GOM. The surface low is so exposed at this moment that it would likely not develop even if conditions did become favorable. Very few systems that are this sheared actually develop. Trust me on this one, this is a heavy rain threat and nothing more.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Steve » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:34 pm

I agree Derek. But it was a fun little system. I had a pretty good call on the system this morning over at CFHC. Looks like the heavy rain threat continues for AL/MS line and points east. Checking out the latest NHC visible loop, there ended up being some real interesting banding down in South Florida with some of the outflow and periphery. This was a dry run but hopefully served as a wakeup call for anyone not taking the tropics seriously.

Steve
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby chadtm80 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:05 pm

some real interesting banding down in South Florida with some of the outflow and periphery

I noticed that too... Still getting some rains down there.. Ive gotten a good amount of rain every day here in central FL... Got a good bit today... Ill check the gauge when i get home from work

BTW Steve... Everytime i see your avatar i LMAO
0 likes   

Rainband

#4 Postby Rainband » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:10 pm

The rain as always has missed me .. :wink: The winds are forecast to go SE later maybe some of the inland rains will make it here..I doubt it.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Steve » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:57 pm

Heh. It links from my home avatar at saintsreport. On everything else, we were debating the sheep mentality of modern day Americans of most political persuasions. I ended up quoting PF's Sheep off of _Animals_. The tag that goes with the choked-out sheep is, "Thank you kind sir."

Steve
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#6 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:12 pm

I would of liked to monitor this area of convection, knowing that the chances of development were/are slim.

I appreciate that the "blob" was mentioned. That is what we are here for, to discuss areas of convection that may or will develop; as well as those that don't have much of a chance to develop into a tropical system.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:44 am

Rainband wrote:The rain as always has missed me .. :wink: The winds are forecast to go SE later maybe some of the inland rains will make it here..I doubt it.

By the looks of the radar you may just get some rain. Keeping fingers crossed for you. I know how it feels to want rain. lol.
0 likes   

Rainband

#8 Postby Rainband » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:22 am

Thanks Lindaloo..my toes are crossed too :lol: :P :wink:
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:36 pm

Rainband wrote:Thanks Lindaloo..my toes are crossed too :lol: :P :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#10 Postby weatherlover427 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:48 am

I hate shear. It destroys everything. :mad:
0 likes   

#11 Postby Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:46 am

Speaking of shear........Got a new addition to the storm2k tropical pages............:) Check it out...:)
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#12 Postby weatherlover427 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:48 am

On my way. ;)
0 likes   

#13 Postby Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:17 am

Well????:)
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#14 Postby weatherlover427 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:24 am

Nice shear maps. :D
0 likes   

jabber
Category 2
Category 2

rain

#15 Postby jabber » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:19 am

my family and I were driving back to Boynton Beach from Panama City on saturday. IT was poring from the Pan Handle to well past Gainesville. The kinda rain that you pretty much have to stop on the turnpike.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”