Appreciation Thread

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Appreciation Thread

#1 Postby ravyrn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:42 pm

Now, this post could have been better placed in Off Topic, but I thought it best to place it here. If there is some other forum better suited for it by all means move it there, no harm done. But, as a Lake Charles, Louisiana resident, I stumbled across storm2k pre-Gustav, and though not posting much, I've been scouring the heck out of it during the last three weeks of Gustav and Ike. And as one simple individual person out of probably hundreds or thousands that many of you on these forums have assisted w/ information and advice relating to this Hurricane Season, I want to offer my most sincere and greatest appreciation. Thank you.
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby x-y-no » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:52 pm

We're glad you found us and even more glad you've found the forum useful.
0 likes   

Rainband

Re: Appreciation Thread

#3 Postby Rainband » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks :D :D Posts like that are what makes me know that we are making a difference. If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to contact any of the staff.

Sincerely
Johnathan
0 likes   

ExBailbonds
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby ExBailbonds » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:01 am

ravyrn wrote:Now, this post could have been better placed in Off Topic, but I thought it best to place it here. If there is some other forum better suited for it by all means move it there, no harm done. But, as a Lake Charles, Louisiana resident, I stumbled across storm2k pre-Gustav, and though not posting much, I've been scouring the heck out of it during the last three weeks of Gustav and Ike. And as one simple individual person out of probably hundreds or thousands that many of you on these forums have assisted w/ information and advice relating to this Hurricane Season, I want to offer my most sincere and greatest appreciation. Thank you.

:uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow:

Great Post!!!!!

I would also like to pass on my appreciation to great team of mods and admin here. Many thanks for your hard work. I also would like to thank all the pro mets that come here to help and share there expertise.
0 likes   

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby msbee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:07 pm

what happened to the Gulf Coast could have happened to any one of us living in the hurricane belts.
Storm2K has helped each of us in many ways at different times.
Thanks to all!
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Stephanie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 pm

We are fortunate to have a great staff and a great bunch of members and pro-mets that call S2K home. If it wasn't for the people like you that are members here, that take an active interest in our shared hobby of weather, that want to help at the drop of a hat, who look up helpful information for those that need it after a storm, that actually give a darn - we wouldn't be here!

THANK YOU!!!
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby O Town » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 pm

S2K Rocks!!!!

:team:
0 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby fci » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Let me echo that this is a unique, one of a kind site that feeds the appetite of this Tropics Enthusiast.

I wish that this existed when I was a kid growing up following Hurricanes like Betsy and Cleo (tells me and you how OLD I have become!).

But, beyond the fun that this provides with the insight and discussion (some times heated and occasionally frustrating); when a real threat comes this site escalates into a mode that is invaluable and the information morphs from interesting to vital!

The Pro Mets and informed amatuers are terrific and provide insights that can't be found anywhere else.

And yes, the Mods; (who sometimes can tick me off) keep this forum at the level it needs to be by somehow keeping it on-topic and relevant. Somehow, they do make this into a family as corny as it sounds! I have found some new friends here (as well as few enemies I must admit!) and am so glad that I stumbled on to it 3 years ago.

THANKS TO S2K!!!
0 likes   

welcome2florida
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#9 Postby welcome2florida » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:21 pm

:uarrow: All of the above x10!

Sad not to have been here earlier
Happy to be here now
The same storms that tear people apart
can bring others together.

Thank you for all you do. We are a safer nation for it!

God Bless
Amy
0 likes   

NCECOM
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby NCECOM » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 am

I live in "hurricane alley" in coastal North Carolina. Over the last few years I spent many hours glued to Storm2K as storms threatened my area.

I have family living in the Huston area. The information that I was able to get, either directly from the forum or the links provided, kept me informed when I could not contact them. At one point, when they called and did not have power, I was able to provide them with up to the minute storm position from the Houston radar site.

I would like to thank all involved with Storm2K, but particular thanks goes to the person/people who put together the live feed page for the area TV stations and posted the link. I've kept that page running on my system for several days.

Thanks Storm2K, and please keep up the good work.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#11 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 pm

As an admin of this site I must step in here and say THANK YOU!!!! Since STORM2K was founded it has become what it is for one reason, its members. We do have a very hard working staff and I must add an extra thanks to them for being here through thick and thin. It is posts such as the above that make all of it worth it. Once again, thanks to our members. We could not exist without you and are very pleased that many find us a valuable resource. I know even as we were being threatened and eventually hit by Ike here in Houston, it was indeed a valuable resource for me and my family and for many of our friends.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I echo all the above comments.This is what Storm2k is about.
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#13 Postby Dave » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 am

First I wanted to thank Hurrakan, Cyclone Eye, O Town, CrazyC83, RL3AO, HenkL, Derrek Ortt and many others for their help in all the recon missions I participated in this year. I learned more about those "lines of numbers" than I've ever known and I hope I was able to give the other recon people a break at times.

For all of you here on Storm2K, you in turn helped us up here when we were hit with the remanents of Ike. Rarely do we go through a tropical storm in southern Indiana of such a magnitude that it takes down power over such a wide area at once, but this one did and from the knowledge that all of you from the real hurricane areas have gone through over the years, we were able to get critical information out to our people about what to do when the power goes out and how to handle life without power for days. Thanks to all of you here for that, it really helped.

I can't say enough about you'all so I'll just say 'thank you to everyone here at Storm2K from the admins to the mods to the people' who participate in it's operation.

Dave - AI9D

Note: anyone have a cure for the common cold? If so let me know cause I've wound up with a doozy! :lol:
0 likes   

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby ravyrn » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:21 am

Guys and gals of storm2k, admins, moderators, members --- I can't say it enough, thanks a ton for all the information and advice yall have provided throughout this weary hurricane season. I run and work in a restaurant here in Lake Charles, LA, and lately we've been getting lots of displaced people from SE Texas (tonight, Orange and Galveston, TX to be specific), SW LA, and utility personnel from all over the US, and I do what little I can to give them great service and make their meal at my restaurant as enjoyable as possible. It was to my pleasure tonight, despite the situation that many of them are faced with, that every single guest I waited on tonight from those affected areas or those in town to help out, left our restaurant with a smile on their face. And that in a way, is what this thread is about. I made a small difference tonight, long after the storm, allowing these people to leave with smiles on their faces, and in turn I left with one also. And I just can't say it enough, thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys are making a difference and I hope you know it, and I hope you all have a smile on your face reading this post. Keep it up guys! I encourage other people from affected areas who read this, to please post and let storm2k know your appreciation.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
-Reagan from Lake Charles, LA
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby KatDaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Yes sir S2K is family. I cant thank everyone enough that makes S2K what it is today. This site is very helpful through weather events.
0 likes   

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby LaPlaceFF » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm

I would like to thank the members on this board for their support after Katrina when I lost my dad and the times afterward with my divorce and my struggle with Hodkin's disease. Indeed S2k members are family!!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”