My homeowner's went up to $2,777 from $1,650. :)

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

HollynLA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#61 Postby HollynLA » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:17 pm

Where I live, we do not have wind/hail exclusions, so again I'll ask, what's the reason for the hurricane rider if my insurance policy already covers wind and hail damage?
0 likes   

wayoutfront

#62 Postby wayoutfront » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Beats me I never heard of a Hurricane Rider
ask your agent
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#63 Postby Lindaloo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:53 pm

wayoutfront wrote:Beats me I never heard of a Hurricane Rider
ask your agent

But you answered it this way when she asked before.

:darrow:

Many HO's policy in High risk areas do not have Wind/Hail coverage in the policy. You would have to get an additional policy from the windpool.
Same as in other High Risk Area
0 likes   

wayoutfront

#64 Postby wayoutfront » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:12 pm

then she replied

Where I live, we do not have wind/hail exclusions

what is there to tell her?
0 likes   

stormcrow
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#65 Postby stormcrow » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:36 pm

Hurricane riders usually restrict coeverages and include higher deductibles. A policy witha 500 $ ded might have a 2% deductible when a named storm in the county. Coverage for sheds or awnings etc might be limited or removed. Would have to read it to tell you for sure. A wind hail exclusion removes all coverage (for wind and hail) and as a homeowner you have to go elsewhere for coverage, usually a windpool like Texas windpool or Citizens in Florida.
0 likes   

HollynLA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#66 Postby HollynLA » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Beats me I never heard of a Hurricane Rider

Awww, I bet you tell that to all the customers
:roll:
0 likes   

wayoutfront

#67 Postby wayoutfront » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:54 pm

I They just don't listen I said this in a previous post

What that endorsement does is adjust your deductible to a different premium You pay more premiun for a lower deductible and less premium for a higher deductible. It does not add or take away any coverage

The part about never seeing the "rider" was because they are going to believe what they want to regardless what the policy says or what an adjuster says or what the courts say...

I give up

And No as I said in 2 posts I have never heard of a Homeowners endorsement that adds additional coverages to a hurricane

READ YOUR POLICY
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby MSRobi911 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:55 am

wayoutfront

I can read, believe it or not being from Mississippi. And the Hurricane Rider does add coverage that is not included in the regular policy and directly contradicts what is said in the original homeowners policy in many places. i.e. that outer buildings and coverings as you said in a post above (or somebody did) are not covered under the regular policy, but with the Hurricane Rider, it not only lowers the deductible but it also provides coverage for these buildings and attachments such as fences, etc.

Ixolib or was it tim (sorry), I know it doesn't make sense to pay people on both sides of me and then totally deny my claim..........but they did! and you are correct the only thing left where my house had been was a slab and other peoples lumbar and stair cases. If I could have found ANY part of my house maybe I could understand, but there was not one piece of my house, no roof parts, nothing!

Unfortunately all of the wind gages in Pascagoula were taken out by the WIND prior to the worst part of the storm coming in. We have unofficial reports of gust to 137 from the Jackson County Emergency Management Center before their tower went down, but unfortunately it is not classified as "official". We also have reports from NOAA of Down Bursts (I think this is the name of what they called it like mini tornadoes) in the exact location of where my house was prior to the water coming in. So we will see what we will see.

Mary
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby Lindaloo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:14 am

Actually I believe that is now official from the EOC, Mary. NOAA confirmed the red "cones" on Pascagoula Beachfront. I believe they were disputing if that was the surge that radar was picking up or microbursts. They did issue a tornado warning right before the surge, even though we could not receive it nor can I find it anywhere!
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby timNms » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:08 pm

Lindaloo, I believe you guys along the MS coast fall under the New Orleans NWS office for forcasts, warnings, etc. Here's the link to their website. Maybe you can contact someone there and they can help you find the archives of tornado warnings from the day Katrina hit.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lix/

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lix/html/office.htm

I clicked on the "contact us" link and it said to contact the webmaster use that addy. For other contacts, write or call. The phone number and addy is listed on the 2nd link.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”