Good post-Katrina Biloxi story.....

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

dixiebreeze
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Good post-Katrina Biloxi story.....

#1 Postby dixiebreeze » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:54 pm

0 likes   

Mattie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Mattie » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:08 pm

applause! Applause!!

How neat is that? Sometimes all it takes is a little imagination and a tourist can see anything (and so can most of us that loved the Biloxi/Gulfport coast). Those images will never be erased for us - and certainly not replaced by the missing pieces.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Frank P » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:45 pm

Carla and Augie Taconi, who operate this tour train, are good friends of mine.... I'm glad to see them back in business .... recovery is taking just little tiny steps along the MS Gulf Coast
0 likes   

dixiebreeze
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby dixiebreeze » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:53 pm

I really hope Bouvoir is restored, too, it's an incredible historic place.
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby DanKellFla » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Maybe I will send my in-laws there next year. I don't like to gamble but my in-laws do. I would like to help with the economic restoration. Nothing like going for a visit and actually spending money there to help out.

Now if I could only convice my wife to let me go to New Orleans with my buddies and NOT change the locks on the door when I am gone.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Frank P » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:14 pm

dixiebreeze wrote:I really hope Bouvoir is restored, too, it's an incredible historic place.

Beauvoir is in really bad shape...

A recent story in the SunHerald delineated how the owner of historic Beauvoir has a lawsuit against its insurer for refusing to cover hurricane damage and temporary repairs to the beachfront tourist attraction. Beauvoir has received only $180,636 under its "all-risk" commercial policy issued by a subsidiary of St. Paul Travelers Companies Inc. That represents less than 5 percent of the combined coverage limits of almost $4.3 million, the lawsuit says."

Its going to be a really long time before its restored...
0 likes   

Wpwxguy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Wpwxguy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:20 pm

I was in Biloxi yesterday for the first time since Katrina and it was quite a contrast of a year ago.. Beauvoir was a beautiful home, that was nearly decimated by Katrina. Its in terrible shape. Things are looking up, but it will be many many years before Biloxi and Gulfport get back to anything close to the norm pre Katrina. Such a shame..
My hats off to you folks who reside there.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”