We can't take another storm in my area this year!! Read it!!

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SurvivedIvan
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

agree

#21 Postby SurvivedIvan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:46 pm

From someone who lives in Daphne, I appreciate you saying that. If a hurricane made landfall in Mobile Co. or went right up Mobile Bay...you can pretty much say goodbye to all of the Eastern Shore and a portion of Baldwin Co. I honestly think that people sometimes forget about us over here since we're not in Mobile or right on the coast in Gulf Shores. Also, like you said depending on the storm size, a storm making landfall in Mobile would probably affect Pensacola. Anyway, I just had to add on to what you said.
0 likes   

SarahINMobile
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#22 Postby SarahINMobile » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:34 pm

gopherfan21,

I don't think Mobile would be a good place for a 'cane to hit, and not just because I live here! We were slammed in 2004 from Ivan (my parents had 5 trees through their roof, some crazy amount on the house, and we quit counting at 60-something down in the yard.) and again in 2005 from our dear friend Katrina (I had lots of damage from her, and I live in a huge neighborhood off of the busiest road in Mobile.) Whole buildings were demolished with Katrina, it was crazy... Needless to say, the fact that we have had two storms at our back door, plus what the other posters said (about how much it would affect Pensacola if a storm hit Mobile), I don't think Mobile needs one anymore than the rest of the coast! (But, as I have said before...that is the price I will pay to live thirty minutes from the beach!) :bday:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”