the children return.....

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

the children return.....

#1 Postby Dionne » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:13 am

Yesterday for the first time since Katrinas landfall.....a group of young adults....college students, that relocated to Memphis and Oxford , returned to the gulf coast. My daughter was one of them. They do not plan to live there......they all just decided to team up and go see for themselves. All of these "kids" were rescued during the immediate aftermath. Several of them, like thousands of others lost everything. They arrived after dark last night and checked into the Beau Rivage. I'm sure they partied late into the night. The gulf coast used to be their stomping grounds.

As we all know, seeing the pictures is one thing. Seeing it all face to face is entirely another.

As the sun rises and they awaken to another day to explore what is left and the recovery still in progress will be interesting. I fully expect the emotions to run high. But they are strong and hopefully they will find some closure.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”