Biloxi Bay Bridge

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Biloxi Bay Bridge

#1 Postby Dionne » Tue May 15, 2007 5:53 pm

mstraffic.com will bring up an MDOT site, click on gulf coast and then click on the Bay bridge. There is alot of activity.....looks like 11 or 12 platform cranes working. I haven't been into Biloxi since Katrina.....all my coast work has been in Waveland. It just continues to amaze me.
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby MGC » Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Bay St Louis bridge opens Thursday. 2 lanes...MGC
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby MSRobi911 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:41 am

That to me is super fast MGC...wish the OS/Biloxi would open that soon...but it is in progress! Hopefully some of I-10 traffic will go down a little when it finally does open. It has gotten to where I would rather take a beating than go to Biloxi/Gulfport or points West because of the traffic.

Mary
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#4 Postby pojo » Sun May 20, 2007 3:01 am

It will be a while before the OS/B bridge will be open... right now, its still a complete mess. That bridge will take a load off the I110 traffic heading away from US90 towards I10

The BSL/PC bridge is great... even though 2 lanes... its open! It is still a massive construction site and the State Police have been hounding speeders. I drove the bridge yesterday and saw 3 state cops on/around the bridge.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”