Felix Aftermath

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Felix Aftermath

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Como se hizo cuando el huracan Dean azoto a Belize y Chetumal y mayas,ahora hacemos lo mismo poniendo este mensaje para que ustedes posteen que esta pasando alla.

Like we did the last time around wheh Hurricane Dean made landfall near Chetumal,we open this thread for those members who live in those areas to share with us how they are preparing and any other information.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: H Felix-Threat area=Honduras-Belize-Yucatan Peninsula

#2 Postby cycloneye » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:34 pm

Anyone knows about links to Honduras,Belize radio stations? I already have a few from the Yucatan area.

Alguien tiene sitios en internet sobre estaciones de radio en Honduras y Belice? Ya yo tengo algunas de Yucatan.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:42 pm

cycloneye wrote:Anyone knows about links to Honduras,Belize radio stations? I already have a few from the Yucatan area.

Alguien tiene sitios en internet sobre estaciones de radio en Honduras y Belice? Ya yo tengo algunas de Yucatan.

Why don't you post them in here? :)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:49 pm

http://www.sol899.com/

I have this one that covers Cozumel,Playa del Carmen and Chetumal.I dont see in my favorites any other,but I suspect links are posted in the Dean threat thread that has to be digged. :roll:
0 likes   

misscee3_1415
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby misscee3_1415 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:58 pm

http://www.lovefm.com/listen_live.php

LoveFM from Belize. It's a talk and a music station that I listened to during Hurricane Dean. Hurricane Hollow also broadcasted this station.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#6 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:31 am

to be safe, any interests in Honduras should be prepared for a Fifi-like storm (except a whole lot more intense)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: H Felix-Threat Area=Honduras-Belize-Yucatan Peninsula

#7 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:34 am

Nos dice uno de los meteorologos de storm2k que los Hondureños deben prepararse para un azote intenso mas que Fifi cuando azoto alli.

One of storm2k resident pro mets says that people in Honduras should prepare for a much more intense landfall than Fifi.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#8 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 am

Felix is located about 880 miles ESE of the Nicaragua/Honduras Border at this time and is only moving slightly north of due west. This wobble really spared the ABC Islands (still only about 45 miles north of Aruba)

Also, it is important to remember that Fifi did NOT make landfall in Honduras. A track just north of Honduras like Fifi may be even more dangerous as the feeder bands will then traverse the entire country, causing horrific flooding. 2 years ago, Gamma, a sheared TS that stayed north of Honduras, killed 37 from flooding

Also, watch for an EWRC. This would be the worst news, even if it is just before landfall as this would increase the size of the storm; thus, 10 inches of extra rainfall
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 am

El meteorlogo dice que Fifi no hizo un azote directo a Honduras pero que rozo la costa norte.Algo parecido serie el ecenario con Felix de sehuir la trajectoria pronosticada,pero Honduras con esa trajectoria recibiria fuertes bandas de un huracan categoria 4 o 5..

Hay que estar pendientes a el ojo que cuando comienze a hacer el remplazo del ojo por oreo,se expanda el radio de vientos.

One of our resident pro mets says that hurricane Fifi did not made a direct landfall in Honduras,but brushed the coast.Something similar or worse may happen with Felix as it may be a cat 4 or 5 when it nears Honduras,as intense bands will move thru that country and flooding will be the main problem.

They have to be watching the eye replacement cycles to see if it expands in size.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#10 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:33 am

Le pedimos a todos los residentes del nordeste de Nicaragua y la zona caribeña de Honduras comenzar a revisar los planes de evacuación debido a la trayectoria pronosticada para Félix. Si usted vive en una zona que se inunda frecuentemente, es mejor que busque refugio en elevaciones más altas. Si usted vive en una ladera es mejor que busque refugio debido a la posibilidad de deslizamientos de tierra. Si vive cerca de la costa es mejor que evacue debido a la raz de mar. En general siga las instrucciones de las autoridades.

We ask all the residents in the northeast of Nicaragua and the caribbean area of Honduras to start revising their evacuation plans due to the forecasted track of Félix. If you live in an area that is normally prone to flooding you should go to higher grounds. If you live in the side of a mountain you should evacuate due to the real threat of landslides. If you live near the coast you should evacuate due to the storm surge. In general, follow the intructions of the authorities.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#11 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:25 pm

A Hurricane Watch is needed at 5 P.M. from Prinzapolka, Nicaragua to Trujillo, Honduras
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:29 pm

El meteorologo recomienda una vigilancia de Huracan desde Prinzapolka,Nicaragua hasta Trujillo, Honduras.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#13 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:52 pm

0 likes   

hurricanefloyd5
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby hurricanefloyd5 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:38 pm

Is it possible that hurricane watches will go out tonight????I know if not tonight then it will tomorrow but i am just asking about tonight for the YP.????
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby artist » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:57 pm

cycloneye- could you translate Derek's update for those that aren't proficient in English? I am sure there are many that appreciate we just don't know it. If you have the time.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#16 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:12 pm

why not wait until 5 to do the translation... since a new update is coming out
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#17 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Waiting Derek.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#18 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:47 pm

5 p.m. out

not sure what the gov't of Honduras is doing by waiting longer
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#19 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Nuestro amigo experto Derek Ortt nos dice porque el gobierno de Honduras esta esperando tanto pare emitir vigilancia de huracan y avisos de tormenta para el norte del pais.?

Why the Honduras goverment is waiting longer to issue hurricane watches and tropical storm warnings.?
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#20 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Luis,

I forgot to say you can go ahead and translate as I released the 5 p.m.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”