Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#241 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Out of curiosity, can we bring back the MOTM? (Member of the Month)

And if you're a guest lurking, feel free to join and jump in the discussions!!! :P
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Bartholemew Roberts

#242 Postby Bartholemew Roberts » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm here.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Guests... Take a moment and join Storm2k!

#243 Postby angelwing » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 am

Welcome!
0 likes   

OzCycloneChaserTrav
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#244 Postby OzCycloneChaserTrav » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:49 am

Gday from Australia!

Been a lurker for a few years and finally signed up last year in time for Isaac and sandy. I have chased 5 or so tropical cyclones in 4 years over here in Ausland. I take a hell of alot of interest in the american and asian season.

We have 46,000 followers on our oz cyclone page on facebook for anyone thats interested!

Cheers and its good to be here!
0 likes   
Oz Cyclone Chasers ( Australian Cyclone Chasers )

Tropical Cyclone Ului Category 3 2010
Tropical Cyclone Anthony Category 2 2011
Tropical Cyclone Yasi Category 5 2011
Tropical Cyclone Lua Category 4 2012
Tropical Cyclone Dylan Category 2 2014
Tropical Cyclone Ita Category 5 2014

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#245 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:12 am

Glad to have you aboard Mate!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#246 Postby euro6208 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm

OzCycloneChaserTrav wrote:Gday from Australia!

Been a lurker for a few years and finally signed up last year in time for Isaac and sandy. I have chased 5 or so tropical cyclones in 4 years over here in Ausland. I take a hell of alot of interest in the american and asian season.

We have 46,000 followers on our oz cyclone page on facebook for anyone thats interested!

Cheers and its good to be here!

Welcome!
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

OzCycloneChaserTrav
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#247 Postby OzCycloneChaserTrav » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Cheers guys :)
0 likes   
Oz Cyclone Chasers ( Australian Cyclone Chasers )

Tropical Cyclone Ului Category 3 2010
Tropical Cyclone Anthony Category 2 2011
Tropical Cyclone Yasi Category 5 2011
Tropical Cyclone Lua Category 4 2012
Tropical Cyclone Dylan Category 2 2014
Tropical Cyclone Ita Category 5 2014

HurricaneEric21
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#248 Postby HurricaneEric21 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Hey guys! Been snooping around here as a guest for a few weeks and am happy to join! :D

Anyways quick little weather bio about me: I live in Miami, FL and have been through my fair share of storms and hurricanes. Ones that I had a fond memory of were Katrina (my area was in the eye/eyewall of Katrina) and Wilma in that '05 season. Hadn't been through anything worse thankfully (was born 2 years after Andrew).

I used to want to be a meteorologist SOOOO bad when back in elementary, I would even draw hurricanes and storms and their tracks; it was sort of obsessive lol but yeah down the road I'd honestly like to be a meteorologist but I'm extremely amateur (good thing you guys have a disclaimer policy or else my forecasting would be reckless on here :D ). Well anyway, that's a little bit on me.

I'd like to get to know all of you and I'm glad to be a part of this community! 8-)
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#249 Postby floridasun78 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:58 pm

HurricaneEric21 wrote:Hey guys! Been snooping around here as a guest for a few weeks and am happy to join! :D

Anyways quick little weather bio about me: I live in Miami, FL and have been through my fair share of storms and hurricanes. Ones that I had a fond memory of were Katrina (my area was in the eye/eyewall of Katrina) and Wilma in that '05 season. Hadn't been through anything worse thankfully (was born 2 years after Andrew).

I used to want to be a meteorologist SOOOO bad when back in elementary, I would even draw hurricanes and storms and their tracks; it was sort of obsessive lol but yeah down the road I'd honestly like to be a meteorologist but I'm extremely amateur (good thing you guys have a disclaimer policy or else my forecasting would be reckless on here :D ). Well anyway, that's a little bit on me.

I'd like to get to know all of you and I'm glad to be a part of this community! 8-)

i here in miami too waiting first line coming from sw dade
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#250 Postby tolakram » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello guests, please take a moment to register if you haven't already, and WELCOME to Storm2K!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Patricia
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#251 Postby Patricia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello I'm from Colorado and love weather watching. I have family in Texas and Florida so I get concerned during hurricane season. Water storms freak me out but are fascinating. Bring me a blizzard any day. :D you have a great site.
1 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#252 Postby South Texas Storms » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 pm

tolakram wrote:Hello guests, please take a moment to register if you haven't already, and WELCOME to Storm2K!

I second this. There are currently over 900 gusts viewing the forum right now! Please join...we don't bite :cheesy:
1 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#253 Postby South Texas Storms » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Patricia wrote:Hello I'm from Colorado and love weather watching. I have family in Texas and Florida so I get concerned during hurricane season. Water storms freak me out but are fascinating. Bring me a blizzard any day. :D you have a great site.

Welcome to Storm2k!
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#254 Postby tolakram » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Patricia wrote:Hello I'm from Colorado and love weather watching. I have family in Texas and Florida so I get concerned during hurricane season. Water storms freak me out but are fascinating. Bring me a blizzard any day. :D you have a great site.

Welcome, thanks for joining!
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Bane
Category 2
Category 2

#255 Postby Bane » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Apparently I haven't signed in since 2010.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#256 Postby CajunMama » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Bane wrote:Apparently I haven't signed in since 2010.

Welcome back!!!
0 likes   

Whiskerbarb
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#257 Postby Whiskerbarb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 am

HI,

Newby member and complete novice in terms of Atlantic/Caribbean weather so go easy. I live in the UK and we Brits talk 24/7 about th weather over here so having finally retired now I have plenty of spare time to finally take the plunge and hook up to what I think is a brilliant website. Fascinated about Atlantic Storms and how they form,pressure waves that come off Africa and rumble along the trade winds toward the Caribbean and eastern seaboard.Have kept a few records of names Hurricanes,near misses and how they can suddenly fall apart ect. Keen observer of Tropical Tidbits and of course this website,currently interested in what looks like a system that has left Africa and is trundling along a more southerly route out in the Atlantic,has it got a name or number yet?

So many questions and things to learn,hopefully explained better on here.

Cheers.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#258 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Shame on me for the late welcome!! I like our enthusiasm!!
Welcome to my world of retirement and pure weather geekiness and YES the BEST TROPICAL WEATHER SITE ON THE INTERNET!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Jelff
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#259 Postby Jelff » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am

Hello Everyone.

My name is Joseph and I am a software developer in the field of online maps. The maps that I will post here at Storm2k are a public service and part of my way to “pay it forward”. These maps are not part of any commercial endeavor.

The maps are displayed by Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that I developed. One unique feature of this browser app is the ability to display a vast amount of data this is hosted on GIS (Geographical Information System) servers. Government agencies at all levels operate GIS servers and much of that data is open and thus viewable with GIS savvy software.

Specifically, Gmap4 can display any user-specified public-facing ArcGIS MapServer and ImageServer data. Gmap4 can also display map tiles via WMS, WMTS and XYZ. Each time a map is opened or a data overlay layer is turned on, the most recent data that is hosted on the GIS server(s) flows to the user’s screen.

Gmap4 automatically displays a touch interface on mobile devices and a mouse interface on non-mobile devices.

If you would like to know more about Gmap4, here is the homepage with lots of examples and help info:
https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html

I have been asked why I produce these maps and the short answer is because I can. The slightly longer short answer is because I like maps, I enjoy helping people and I have the technical wherewithal.

Next, I will post a stream gage map in the Harvey discussion thread.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#260 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:27 am

Jelff wrote:Hello Everyone.

My name is Joseph and I am a software developer in the field of online maps. The maps that I will post here at Storm2k are a public service and part of my way to “pay it forward”. These maps are not part of any commercial endeavor.

The maps are displayed by Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that I developed. One unique feature of this browser app is the ability to display a vast amount of data this is hosted on GIS (Geographical Information System) servers. Government agencies at all levels operate GIS servers and much of that data is open and thus viewable with GIS savvy software.

Specifically, Gmap4 can display any user-specified public-facing ArcGIS MapServer and ImageServer data. Gmap4 can also display map tiles via WMS, WMTS and XYZ. Each time a map is opened or a data overlay layer is turned on, the most recent data that is hosted on the GIS server(s) flows to the user’s screen.

Gmap4 automatically displays a touch interface on mobile devices and a mouse interface on non-mobile devices.

If you would like to know more about Gmap4, here is the homepage with lots of examples and help info:
https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html

I have been asked why I produce these maps and the short answer is because I can. The slightly longer short answer is because I like maps, I enjoy helping people and I have the technical wherewithal.

Next, I will post a stream gage map in the Harvey discussion thread.

Hi Joseph, thanks for joining and sharing the maps with us. I've used something similar to create height maps for games in the past, might bug you about it once the season slows down. :)
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”