Storm2k Chat Rules

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Storm2k Chat Rules

#1 Postby southerngale » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:57 am

Storm2k Chat Rules

1. All rules that apply to the Storm2k.org Message Board are applicable to the chatroom, including no profanity, no personal attacks, no name-calling or flaming.

2. During busy times, please restrict scrolling in the room. While the channel OPs (MODs) generally allow weather data to be scrolled in chat, it is very diffcult to read during busy periods. Also, seek permission from the OPs (MODs) beforehand, if you intend to scroll a large amount on screen.

3. Advertising of other websites/networks (spamming) is not allowed.

4. The channel OPs (MODS) have full discretion to enforce rules within the channel, including the right to: relax the rules during non-peak periods, to enforce rules not listed here, interpret the rules listed in this document, and to take any measures deemed necessary to protect the chatting environment. Please note that their word should be taken as final. A kick, generally, should be taken as a warning. If kicked, take it as an indication that your behavior is unacceptable. If banned, then you have been barred from the channel for repeated rule violations or for anything that the OPs (MODs) determine to be a bannable offense.

5. If a problem arises, please feel free to contact an OP (MOD). You can do this by typing: /msg <nickname> <message>. Now, start typing the command with the slash symbol, which is this (/). The Channel OPs (MODs) can explain channel rules, help you with problems involving other members, and other issues that may arise. There is, usually, more than one OP (MOD) available on duty.

6. Creating multiple accounts for a single user is not allowed. If you are in the chat room with multiple nicknames, one (or more) of the nicknames may be kicked out.

7. Bots are not allowed unless you have been given permission by an OP (MOD).

8. #storm2k is our main weather chat. We also have a room, #storm2k_ot where most non-weather chat should occur. The OPs (MODS) can relax the rules in #storm2k during off peak periods, when it's not busy, or any time at their discretion. They also may, at any time, ask all off topic discussions to be moved to the off topic room, #storm2k_ot.

9. This rules document may be amended at any time by the OPs (MODs) including: additions, deletions, and other changes. A complete and current list will be kept in a visible place, so that all members may refer back to them.
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby OtherHD » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:27 am

You can also PM a mod by double clicking their name in the list on the right and tying your message in the new pop up window that will appear.

Thhanks for this topic Kelly!
0 likes   

Stormdancing
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby Stormdancing » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:08 pm

Some items that will get you banned from the chat channel #storm2k will also violate Stormdancing IRC Network policy (where #storm2k is hosted) and get you banned from the ENTIRE network.
5. Advertising of other websites/networks (spamming) is not allowed.

Stormdancing IRC Network has a policy posted at:
http://www.stormdancing.net/network/policy.htm

Staff of Stormdancing CANNOT unban you from the #storm2k channel. It is controlled by the OPs assigned by storm2k management. Coming to the #help channel and going on and on about being banned from the channel can get you banned from the entire network.

We have 40 +- different chat channels at any given time on Stormdancing and you are welcome to join those. Most have their own rules and policies, so be polite. The #help channel is always open if you need help with services commands or your chat program. Heck, we even like to BS in there at times.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Janice » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:16 pm

I am proud to say, our chatroom is a family room. We do not tolerate bad language or attempting to meet people in the room for online dating, etc.
Occasionally, someone will pop in using foul language and we kick them immediately, so please excuse that if it happens.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

Chat Nicks

#5 Postby Janice » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:37 am

I wanted to do a new thread, but could not on the Boards. My concern is nicks being used in the chatroom. I would love to see people use their correct names WHEN ENTERING THE ROOM . Regular chatters come in, goofing off with unusual names, and it is hard to tell if it is a regular chatter or a troll. I am afraid to talk to them. Last night someone had Suck in his name and he referred to me a Janice and he just laughed. I still do not know who is was. I would like to see quit entering the room with strange names, the regulars. I don't have a problem with them changing nicks inside the room, because we know who they are then. Just a suggestion. It makes it hard when we are dealing with trolls, etc.

Thanks, BobbySocks
0 likes   

Stormdancing
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby Stormdancing » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:17 pm

I think we have a pretty good idea who that was.
The staff at Stormdancing is doing everything we can to narrow down his ISP and once we do, we will be contacting that ISP and asking that actions be taken against him.

Dana
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

Pming

#7 Postby Janice » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Also, when you are in the chatroom, please do not pm the mods for general chat. They are busy. You can pm them when you have a problem or want to inform them of something. A lot of times, chatters will just pm mods and want to know how their day went. You can talk to mods in the chatroom. Mods are busy in the chatroom. Of, course, there are occasions when mods are waiting to hear from certain individuals, that is ok. Thanks

BobbySocks
0 likes   

george_r_1961
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby george_r_1961 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:03 pm

When a storm is threatening land PLEASE restrict your conversations to storm related issues. We all like to goof off in there but when when a storm is threatening many of us want updates on the storm; take other topics to the off topic room. Although im not a forecaster I frequently get pms asking "where is the storm going?" or "is it going to hit Mississippi?". If you are one of these people dont be surprised if you get ignored. Not trying to be mean but I too am looking at sattelite pics, models..etc and cannot respond to the many queries I get. When I have my forecast or opnion ready I will post in the room.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Janice » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:20 am

I have one concern. Last night we had a problem. One chatter was on the list with three different names. He was told is was ok, that other mods allowed it.
Also, some members come in with other chatters names in their nick too. I know if I came onboard and I saw someone using my nick, I would be very upset. Of course if the chatter was in the room and he seemed ok with it, that is different. But when he is not even in the room and his name is being used, that is different too.
I know nights are loose and fun, but if rules are not followed all the time, it makes it hard.
Could you clarify these two questions above so all the mods are on the same track. Thanks
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Hurricaneman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:35 am

The rules are cool with me
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#11 Postby CajunMama » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:02 pm

Another note about nicknames....make sure that you aren't using someone else's name. Max Mayfield for example. It constitutes fraud and you will be be kicked and banned.
0 likes   

Hurricane_Luis
Category 2
Category 2

#12 Postby Hurricane_Luis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I was just wondering if you could make a rule for spelling and grammar, it seems that some people here have forgotten how to do it. :roll:
Also I have seen lots of posts that are completely unreadable.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#13 Postby southerngale » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Hurricane_Luis wrote:I was just wondering if you could make a rule for spelling and grammar, it seems that some people here have forgotten how to do it. :roll:
Also I have seen lots of posts that are completely unreadable.

Well, first of all, we do not have the time to police everyone's grammar even if we wanted to, which we don't. Secondly, you have to realize that we have members whose first language isn't English and they are doing their best. Also, there may be members who are mentally impaired. While it can be frustrating to understand some of these posts at times, I think we need to be tolerant. Who knows? Maybe these discussions are helping them. We certainly shouldn't make fun of people who don't speak English very well, nor should we draw attention to them.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”