Gathering in South Florida

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

hiflyer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#101 Postby hiflyer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:44 am

Soaking wet...great company...and not bad rum and cokes...grin. Great meeting y'all and wished I could have stayed longer but had to go back to the airpatch in a hurry...ugh!

Jim
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#102 Postby MiamiensisWx » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:24 am

What a night! Excellent company, echoing of the statements (and sentiments) all those who were there have said here... I also was one who wished it would never end. Too bad some some had to leave after a while and that we all left too soon! We really discovered things we never knew about eachother and met all together in person. The food was excellent, and the company and talking together/listening was priceless! I took several pictures of the other members using Barbara's (BocaGirl's) digital camera. I'll ask her for the images, and I'll try to send them out to some of you if you want! The restaurant and location was really great for a gathering! Too bad that Mike couldn't make it!

I wish we could have done this longer! Thanks for all coming, Jim/hiflyer (you're nice to have around), Morcy/flstorms (VERY pleasant, and you made a surprise appearance), Barbara/BocaGirl (you're the best), Dave/fci (you're so ambiant and great to have, too), Steve/boca and Nathan/SouthFloridawx (you both are awesome, great friends, and thanks for planning it out), Rich/weatherwindow and company (you know so much, Rich, and you're great company), and all the others who were a part! Too many thanks to say! We really got to know eachother!
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#103 Postby BocaGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:45 pm

I have the pix! I just can't figure out how to post them on the board....if some good citizen can point me in the right direction, I'll have the evidence up here for all to see!

A good time was had by all.

BocaGirl
Barbara
0 likes   

flstorms
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#104 Postby flstorms » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:02 pm

My first post! We had a great time last night. Hope to get together again.
I have been a member for a long time, always reading and enjoying everyones opinion.
Marcy
0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#105 Postby boca » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:47 pm

It was great we have to do it again.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#106 Postby southerngale » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:07 pm

BocaGirl wrote:I have the pix! I just can't figure out how to post them on the board....if some good citizen can point me in the right direction, I'll have the evidence up here for all to see!

BocaGirl
Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Have you uploaded them from your camera onto your computer? You can use a site like Webshots Community or ImageShack to host them and post them on here. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask here or you can PM me. I'll do my best to help.
0 likes   

SouthFloridawx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#107 Postby SouthFloridawx » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:44 pm

southerngale wrote:
BocaGirl wrote:I have the pix! I just can't figure out how to post them on the board....if some good citizen can point me in the right direction, I'll have the evidence up here for all to see!

BocaGirl
Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Have you uploaded them from your camera onto your computer? You can use a site like Webshots Community or ImageShack to host them and post them on here. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask here or you can PM me. I'll do my best to help.

Yeah we'll have to help you with that. What kind of camera is it and do you still have your instructions book? We'll hook you up Barbara..!
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#108 Postby BocaGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:15 pm

Here are the pictures from our South Florida Gathering.

CapeVerdeWave took this set so he doesn't appear. Hopefuly he can post some of the pictures taken by his parents.

Notice we all look like drowned rats...it was pouring when we got to to the Quarterdeck.

SouthFloridaWx

fci and daughter

I have no idea what was going on here...looks like a group prayer!
Last edited by BocaGirl on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#109 Postby BocaGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:21 pm

More pictures:

Soaking wet Boca Girl

Joke Time

fci waves for the camera

hiflyer came over from his job at the airport just for the Gathering
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#110 Postby BocaGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:35 pm

Still more pictures from the South Florida gathering.

fci's beautiful daughter

Southfloridawx and boca contemplate the dinner menu at the Quarterdeck

weatherwindow and Southfloridawx at the head of the table
Last edited by BocaGirl on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#111 Postby fci » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Hey those pix were great!!

We had a real good time and enjoyed meeting many that we post with and chat with face to face.

Now there are faces to go with the names.
Hope to see even more S2K'ers next time.

fci (+1)
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#112 Postby CajunMama » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:30 am

Great pics! Can't wait to see the rest.
0 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#113 Postby sunny » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:44 am

Looks like you guys had fun! More pics please :D
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#114 Postby BocaGirl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:58 am

We did have fun! There wasn't the stiffness or shyness that usally happens when a group of people who have never met before gets together. It was like we'd known each other for years!

In fact fci and I discovered that we have a really good mutual friend. Isn't that called "Six degrees of separation?"

The one drawback to the evening was the rain and even that was okay since everyone there got wet. Drenched! Thank goodness for Steve's (boca's) big umbrella. It made several trips to the parking meters across the street.

SouthFloridaWx and I talked last night. We are thinking that we're going to plan another evening in July, maybe in Boynton Beach. The plans will be less formal this time. Maybe the group will be a regular, monthly thing.....who knows.

Come and join us.

Stay tuned.

BocaGirl
Barbara
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#115 Postby MiamiensisWx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:46 am

BocaGirl wrote:I have no idea what was going on here...looks like a group prayer!

Actually, they (Steve/boca, Jim/hiflyer, and the group in the photo) were not praying... it's just that Steve and Jim had their heads turned down at the moment I took that photo, Barbara.
0 likes   

SouthFloridawx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#116 Postby SouthFloridawx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:18 am

CapeVerdeWave wrote:
BocaGirl wrote:I have no idea what was going on here...looks like a group prayer!

Actually, they (Steve/boca, Jim/hiflyer, and the group in the photo) were not praying... it's just that Steve and Jim had their heads turned down at the moment I took that photo, Barbara.

No we were glued to hiflyers Mobile Radar... LOL :wink:
0 likes   

rainydaze
Category 1
Category 1

#117 Postby rainydaze » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 pm

Glad to see ya'll had fun....one day the place and time will be right and I will be able to make a gethering :D Boynton Beach is close enough for me to make it, so if the day and time is good for me, I will try my best to come.

Take Care
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#118 Postby MiamiensisWx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:24 pm

Here are some more with me in the photos. Here are some pictures my dad took at the gathering in Fort Lauderdale.

Me and Nathan (SouthFloridawx, at right) were waiting it out and chatting until the others arrived in this photo below just outside the front entrance... we had quite a bit of fun and really got to know eachother!

Me and Nathan (at right) waiting it out below while it pours... wow! What a soaking we all got for sure!

Here we all are inside the bar! From left to right clockwise: Marcy (flstorms) next to me and behind her husband (I presume) in front of her; Marcy's husband (again, I presume it and believe it is); Jim (hiflyer) popping in; Dave's (fci's) daughter (Jessica); Dave (fci) himself; Steve (boca); Nathan (SouthFloridawx); Rich (weatherwindow) in empty seat (he came back after a short break); Bill (Barbara/BocaGirl's husband); Barbara (BocaGirl) herself; me (CapeVerdeWave).

My mom (left) and Grandma Sarah (my dad's mother) below...

All of us chatting together (Jim/hiflyer, Marcy/flstorms, and Marcy's husband - I believe he is her husband - are also doing so but are not shown). What a great time!

Similar picture below to the one above... continuing to have a great time!

Me, Rich, Nathan, and Steve chatting together; Barbara, Morcy, Jim, and the others are enjoying themselves in the background.

We really had a great time! What true friends we all are now for sure as this small group!
0 likes   

SouthFloridawx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#119 Postby SouthFloridawx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Thanks for the photo's capeverde... I don't think any of us remembered to bring a camera except for you.
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#120 Postby MiamiensisWx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Yep... thanks, Nathan! In addition to the photos above taken by my dad, I also took the other photos that Barbara posted by, as you know, using her digital camera.
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”