ASCAT page does not seem to be working for me?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dean_175
Category 1
Category 1

ASCAT page does not seem to be working for me?

#1 Postby Dean_175 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 am

Lately I have been getting an error when I go to the ASCAT page listed on NHC website. I have to get it here: http://www.ospo.noaa.gov/Products/atmos ... winds.html

This has worked fine for a while- but now it is not displaying nearly as much coverage as it used to. I understand how scatterometry works and that there is going to be "white spots" on the page running diagonally north-south on the map. But it is not displaying much at all-easily 80 percent of the ocean winds are not visible- and looking at the December 2016 images linked on that page- you can see the significant difference.

Is there something wrong with the system? It would also really help to be able to get on the old webpage and easily access the other scatterometer data--but the site has been down for weeks now.
0 likes   
All posts by Dean_175 are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ASCAT page does not seem to be working for me?

#2 Postby CyclonicFury » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am

I have the exact same problem. The Manati site does not work on my home wifi network but I have got it to work on some other networks away from home.
0 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”