Hurricane tracking - best websites / apps to use for location / wind speed / strength

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Florida_brit
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Hurricane tracking - best websites / apps to use for location / wind speed / strength

#1 Postby Florida_brit » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 am

I have been using Skeetobite ( http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/) to provide detailed tracking of hurricanes and wind speeds on a map since 2004 when Frances and Jeane hit Martin County. Unfortunately, this hurricane season for some reason the website hasn't been updated regularly.... With the impending storm / hurricane Dorian I wanted to see what websites or apps people recommend to provide detailed map location and wind speed / strength of the storms / hurricane path using NHC data.
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Hurricane tracking - best websites / apps to use for location / wind speed / strength

#2 Postby South Texas Storms » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Florida_brit wrote:I have been using Skeetobite ( http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/) to provide detailed tracking of hurricanes and wind speeds on a map since 2004 when Frances and Jeane hit Martin County. Unfortunately, this hurricane season for some reason the website hasn't been updated regularly.... With the impending storm / hurricane Dorian I wanted to see what websites or apps people recommend to provide detailed map location and wind speed / strength of the storms / hurricane path using NHC data.

Well Storm2K is certainly one of the best sites for tracking hurricanes and discussion. :wink:

As for apps, "Hurricane Tracker" looks like something you might be interested in.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”