JTWC Warnings SHEM/NIO

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

StormTracker89
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

JTWC Warnings SHEM/NIO

#1 Postby StormTracker89 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:05 am

Storm2K,
I'm relatively new to Storm2K but have noticed that compared to previous years, there is a distinct lack of recognition of the fact that in addition to the RSMC's, JTWC issues TC warnings for the S. IO, S. Pac and N. IO in addition to W. Pac. I find it interesting that Invest numbers issued by JTWC (for instance 99P 2021) are utilized on Storm2K to start a new thread, but once the JTWC issues a warning on it (99P became 16P this morning), it disappears from the site. In the case mentioned above, the RSMC has not acknowledged the TC 16P exists as a separate TC but based on ASCAT data, the fact the JTWC and KNES are fixing on it and the overall representation in microwave imagery, it most certainly does.

I just find it interesting that there is no reference anywhere to the JTWC warnings and am wondering if this is a conscious effort on the part of Storm2K or an oversight. They provide a valuable service and while not an RSMC, are a TCWC and are recognized worldwide as a provider of high-quality TC forecasts. For a site that states its purpose is to share and discuss TC forecasts, one would think it would include those provide by the JTWC.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: JTWC Warnings SHEM/NIO

#2 Postby tolakram » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:55 pm

I'm pretty ignorant of these but are you sure they disappear? Even in the storm threads in each basins forum?
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”