Is this damage from hurricane Charley

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dean_175
Category 1
Category 1

Is this damage from hurricane Charley

#1 Postby Dean_175 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Every time I drive through Charlotte county, FL I see patches of forest where the trees look toppled , de-leaved, or otherwise destroyed. There is a big patch somewhere on the interstate on the way to Fort Myers. Is this still old damage from Charley?
0 likes   
All posts by Dean_175 are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Is this damage from hurricane Charley

#2 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Dean_175 wrote:Every time I drive through Charlotte county, FL I see patches of forest where the trees look toppled , de-leaved, or otherwise destroyed. There is a big patch somewhere on the interstate on the way to Fort Myers. Is this still old damage from Charley?

It is possible. Though, I am not sure it would be from Charley after all this time, unless no one has attempted to clean up the land. I know that most of the debris from Hurricane Ike in my area is gone now. That was four years after Charley.
0 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Is this damage from hurricane Charley

#3 Postby toad strangler » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Dean_175 wrote:Every time I drive through Charlotte county, FL I see patches of forest where the trees look toppled , de-leaved, or otherwise destroyed. There is a big patch somewhere on the interstate on the way to Fort Myers. Is this still old damage from Charley?

17 years later? Man i doubt it. Even fire riddled areas come back quicker than that. Some pics would be nice though.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”