How do you tag users in posts?

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

How do you tag users in posts?

#1 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:17 pm

I have noticed some people on the site tag other users, and I was wondering how you do this? It would be helpful so the user can see that I am referring to them in a post.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: How do you tag users in posts?

#2 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:33 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:I have noticed some people on the site tag other users, and I was wondering how you do this? It would be helpful so the user can see that I am referring to them in a post.

There is no such feature, other than to reply and quote them. We were hoping to get the board software upgraded this year but things got in the way. Hopefully over the winter.
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm

tolakram wrote:
captainbarbossa19 wrote:I have noticed some people on the site tag other users, and I was wondering how you do this? It would be helpful so the user can see that I am referring to them in a post.

There is no such feature, other than to reply and quote them. We were hoping to get the board software upgraded this year but things got in the way. Hopefully over the winter.

Maybe people are only coloring the text for the users? Otherwise, I am not sure what they are doing.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:52 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
tolakram wrote:

Maybe people are only coloring the text for the users? Otherwise, I am not sure what they are doing.

Yea, I know some do. Even if we had tagging I'd probably not enable it. Most of our crowd might not like being pestered. :lol:
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”