questions I KNOW everyone else knows

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

The RAT
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

questions I KNOW everyone else knows

#1 Postby The RAT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:15 pm

why do they call them invest's?
Why do hurricanes have no lightening?
Which model has been MOST accurate?
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:26 pm

They call them invests to watch tropical distrabances,models,satellite,85h data. They pretty much put that out for a warning for the goverment in the navy. Just to watch these systems.

Not all hurricanes are lighting free hurricanes like Wilma,Katrina,Rita can have lighting. Also the outter rain bands have lighting...Theres a few theorys like that hail/ice nuci forms the + and - chanrges with in the storm. In there is not any hail in a weak hurricane. Heck theres really no ice nuci because of the warm core. So bargins theory doe's not work. Unless its a strong hurricane. But the moisture evp into the Atmopshere onto large sand or dust nuci over the tropics...In thats way you have large rain drops with alot more energy. Of course it takes alot of energy to form ice.

Gfs,ECMWF,Gfdl

GFS main model we use, which the hurricane models base there forecast back ground off. Those are Lbar,Bamm,Bam,. This model is the global forecast system is its full name. Which is a global model that takes information from many obs/weather ballons data to make a forecast with millions of obs to form a forecast.

ECMWF if this forms anything its almost a sure bet...It hardly ever shows anything but it has higher Res then the Gfs. Its a european model.

Gfdl is the hurricane model...Made for hurricane forecast.
0 likes   

The RAT
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby The RAT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:29 pm

thanks, I knew someone could answer
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”