EPAC: BONNIE - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: TWO - Potential Tropical Cyclone - Discussion

#361 Postby Kingarabian » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:03 pm

NDG wrote:
wxman57 wrote:On satellite, it looks more like a wave than it has for 2 days. The MLC is no longer evident.

Something that it didn't have during the past couple of days, a closed weak circulation. IMO.

https://i.imgur.com/roXBkjT.gif

Clear LLC here. It arguably had multiple LLCs that reformed over the past 48 hours. Yeah it's not well organized. But it's sufficient. Especially with all the convection it's been consistently maintaining.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#362 Postby Nimbus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:01 pm

Kingarabian wrote:
NDG wrote:
wxman57 wrote:On satellite, it looks more like a wave than it has for 2 days. The MLC is no longer evident.

Something that it didn't have during the past couple of days, a closed weak circulation. IMO.

https://i.imgur.com/roXBkjT.gif

Clear LLC here. It arguably had multiple LLCs that reformed over the past 48 hours. Yeah it's not well organized. But it's sufficient. Especially with all the convection it's been consistently maintaining.

A little convection near Aruba tonight so that may be enough to keep the little swirl powered.
Getting seriously over run by the Easterly shear though.
0 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#363 Postby ElectricStorm » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pm

I'm thinking this will fully become a TS once it clears SA and gets into the SW Caribbean. A moderate to strong TS landfall seems most likely to me but I wouldn't rule out a low end Cat 1 hurricane if it can get going sooner. Once it gets into the EPAC it might have a better chance at becoming something stronger but that's still a ways out.
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Hurricane Mike
Category 2
Category 2

#364 Postby Hurricane Mike » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pm

0 likes   

Sciencerocks
Category 5
Category 5

#365 Postby Sciencerocks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:08 am

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#366 Postby NDG » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 am

I guess this is going to be one of those seasons with lots of PTC days, at least early on like we have seen so far :lol:
This system may not get named until is almost in the Pacific where I am sure it will turn into a MH after crossing C.A.
1 likes   

WiscoWx02
Category 1
Category 1

#367 Postby WiscoWx02 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:02 am

NDG wrote:I guess this is going to be one of those seasons with lots of PTC days, at least early on like we have seen so far :lol:
This system may not get named until is almost in the Pacific where I am sure it will turn into a MH after crossing C.A.

Most PTC’s have taken FOREVER to develop I feel like. Once the NHC classifies it as a PTC the area always seems to just decide to start struggling and decides to take its sweet time :lol:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#368 Postby cycloneye » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 am

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

NXStumpy_Robothing
Category 1
Category 1

#369 Postby NXStumpy_Robothing » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 am

WiscoWx02 wrote:
NDG wrote:I guess this is going to be one of those seasons with lots of PTC days, at least early on like we have seen so far :lol:

Most PTC’s have taken FOREVER to develop I feel like. Once the NHC classifies it as a PTC the area always seems to just decide to start struggling and decides to take its sweet time :lol:

This year? Absolutely. Years previously? A little less so.

https://twitter.com/JakeCarstens/status/1542338500615438336

Given the convective trends overnight, the LLC that has managed to maintain itself since last evening, and the westerly winds reported by Venezuelan and Colombian stations since yesterday, hopefully PTC 2's streak of PTC advisories will end today (or may have already ended in the TCR, but who knows on that front). Will go down as a pretty big whiff from the GFS and the hurricane models regardless of where this ends up and at what intensity, with really only the Euro and ICON having the right idea in terms of forward motion (and even then they struggled with various aspects of the system). Hopefully we have better luck with model performance in the most active part of the season.
4 likes   
Undergraduate Meteorology Student, Georgia Institute of Technology

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#370 Postby aspen » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:35 am

I wonder if storms getting too close to SA is going to be a trend this July/August, just like how last year (and to a lesser extent 2020) plenty of JA systems kept running over the Greater Antilles. First Elsa was stuck over the GAs, then came Fred and Grace. First PTC2/Bonnie ran over SA…maybe others will follow.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5

#371 Postby cheezyWXguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:31 am

Although convection isn’t exactly abundant, that llc looks a lot more vigorous than it did yesterday. I think today’s the day.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#372 Postby wxman57 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:33 am

I'm expecting an upgrade to Bonnie next hour. Circulation is becoming better-defined. That's precisely where and when I had been predicting all week - SW Caribbean when it slows down. Still not a Gulf threat, still not another Harvey...
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#373 Postby tolakram » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:41 am

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Deshaunrob17
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#374 Postby Deshaunrob17 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:14 am

WiscoWx02 wrote:

Lol yeah Isaias and Laura I remember
0 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#375 Postby Kingarabian » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:43 am

wxman57 wrote:I'm expecting an upgrade to Bonnie next hour. Circulation is becoming better-defined. That's precisely where and when I had been predicting all week - SW Caribbean when it slows down. Still not a Gulf threat, still not another Harvey...

Yeah the track is a lot more promising now that this won't be strong enough to feel any type of weakness. Just hard to be sure when it was still in the eastern Caribbean and the hurricane models taking a stacked system over the Yucatan instead of Honduras, 48 hours ago.
1 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#376 Postby wxman57 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 am

Looks like NHC is waiting until this afternoon for the upgrade.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#377 Postby cycloneye » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:56 am

wxman57 wrote:Looks like NHC is waiting until this afternoon for the upgrade.

Two planes are flying now.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#378 Postby aspen » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:14 am

If PTC2 is ever going to become anything significant before landfall or have a chance of surviving its crossover into the EPac, it needs to develop convection over its LLC fast. It’s possibly classifiable, but in a very poor state right now.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5

#379 Postby cheezyWXguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 am

aspen wrote:If PTC2 is ever going to become anything significant before landfall or have a chance of surviving its crossover into the EPac, it needs to develop convection over its LLC fast. It’s possibly classifiable, but in a very poor state right now.

It probably will in the next few hours as it pulls away from land, that llc has really tightened up overnight. That said, if it doesn’t start firing by evening I’d say the chances of this reaching cat1 are next to none.
0 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#380 Postby Kingarabian » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:34 am

cheezyWXguy wrote:
aspen wrote:If PTC2 is ever going to become anything significant before landfall or have a chance of surviving its crossover into the EPac, it needs to develop convection over its LLC fast. It’s possibly classifiable, but in a very poor state right now.

It probably will in the next few hours as it pulls away from land, that llc has really tightened up overnight. That said, if it doesn’t start firing by evening I’d say the chances of this reaching cat1 are next to none.

DMAX will make or break this system for good.
1 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Return to “2022”