Eye Floaters

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Oh Boy

#21 Postby Cyclenall » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Cyclenall wrote:I have never had one...

In a somewhat strange turn of events, I'm now starting to believe I'm getting a very mild form of this dumb condition. I remember this topic and read through it again but a few comments were somewhat startling. Just about 2 weeks ago I started noticing that the flotsam and other nuisances that naturally overlap one's vision was becoming more "prominent." The afterimage that you get with different lights you see are more bold but its hard to describe. I notice when I'm in front of a close screen like a computer that things out of the corner of my eye are more noticeable and fling to and fro. Its likely due to a white background and its easier to see flotsam. I wouldn't call them bright flashes but I do get random stars if you will mostly in the corner of my eyes. Usually more at night and the longer I'm awake. I'm starting to wonder now and praying it goes away.

Just this afternoon I noticed the most prominent "floater" I've ever had but it went away in seconds. It was a darker than normal orb that quickly jolted when I looked somewhere else. I'm reading these things about possible retinal detachment and I'm going "ugh." I don't think its that and I haven't had recent trauma. It can't be normal deterioration due to age because I'm only in my early 20s still. I last went to an optometrist two May's ago and nothing was occurring then.

Also wouldn't mind hearing some updates as to what you're eye floaters are doing now (thread posters).
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Eye Floaters

#22 Postby MGC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I was just at the optometrist yesterday for my annual exam. I asked him if there has been any progress made in removing floaters. He said no. My arms are not long enough to read with now so he gave me a reading glasses percription. I'm going to make an appoitment with an opthamologist soon to see if I can get some laser done on my eye to correct astigmatism in my right eye.....MGC
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Eye Floaters

#23 Postby Stephanie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:53 am

I've had eye floaters for as long as I can remember. It probably began when I needed glasses for distance, almost 30 years ago when I was in my 20's. I'm an accountant so the eye strain probably contributed to needing the glasses. I think I've had an increase in them over the years, but not much.

They are annoying and I see them every day, but I've had numerous eye exams now and none have brought up any problems with my retinas.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”