"Sittin' on the Front Porch"

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

Re: "Sittin' on the Front Porch"

#121 Postby breeze » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Sweet little Annabelle...oh, I hate it that she can't see anymore! I'm glad that she can
still smell those KK's, though... :wink:

It's Oktoberfest time here! Hwy 20 from Summertown through Hohenwald is lined with
yard sales, food booths, and all kinds of homemade arts & crafts. I helped my best
friend with a yard sale yesterday in Hohenwald and came home this afternoon before big
storms moved through. I'll probably go back in the morning and take some more stuff to sale.
I dread the drive, because it usually takes 20 minutes to get there and tomorrow will
take over an hour because of traffic and people parked on the sides of the road! But,
it's just for one weekend a year, and fingers are crossed that the rain moves on out
of here! Plus, I need to make some more $$$...lol!
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#122 Postby arkess7 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm having a garage sale next weekend! I hope to make some $$$ too! But this heat wave we are having here is crazy! It's been in the 90's all week with the heat index feeling in the 100's!! :eek:

Right now it's 94 and feels like 101! :sun: :sun: :sun:

So I left some ice cold lemonade :cold: and some pnut butter cookies that me and my daughter made last night for anyone who would like some!!!!

I'm soooo ready for some cooler weather and the pot bellied stove!!

*I hear crouton rootin' around in the grass behind the porch*
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#123 Postby breeze » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Boy, the lemonade and those cookies were delicious! Thanks, arkess (and your daughter, too)!
I had to shoo Crouton away from my cookies, though - you'd think that pig never gets a meal... :lol:

I did pretty good with the yard sale, though it rained and turned cool and we had to break out
the jackets on Saturday. People still waded through the mud and straw to get to the booths
and yard sales, so the wet and cool weather didn't seem to hurt business too bad. I hope you
do well with yours, this weekend - maybe it won't be so hot!

The leaves on the trees are starting to change colors, now - fall is sneaking right on in.
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#124 Postby coriolis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Hello everyone. Looks like I missed the donuts and Streetsoldier :cry:

Well Bill, it's great to see that you're still kicking. That's the first I heard that Anabelle was having vision problems. Did she get sick, or is it her age? I know that you'll be watching out for her for the duration.
0 likes   
This space for rent.

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#125 Postby Pburgh » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:04 am

Well, I just had to sneak in for a peanut butter cookie. Thanks arkess - great to see ya.

breeze, I think Crouton was sneaking the KK's - but I thought crouton was an armidillo.

Bill, it's great to hear from you again. Sorry about Annabelle (she be a ho). She probably stays even closer to you now. ((HUGS)) to you both

Hey Ed, did you get the snow I sent you?

TGIF - this place is crazy and I'm really ready for a glass (bottle) of chardonnay.
Have a great weekend
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#126 Postby coriolis » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:16 pm

No snow here - just 1.2" of steady light rain over 3 days. The higher elevations and areas north and west of here did get some snow. I heard somewhere that it's the record earliest snow for these parts. Surely that depends on location. It was cold and raw out. This morning the storm moved away and it was sunny and pleasantly cool all day.
0 likes   
This space for rent.

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#127 Postby streetsoldier » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Cold, rainy and miserable here; Annabelle is ALWAYS by her Daddy's side, and I take extra-special care of her little self.

My sister is taking VERY good care of me and the Clown Prince...he's working full-time at Wally World (which is something...full-time jobs just aren't there for young people these days). Meanwhile, preparations are going apace for Hallowe'en...the house looks like a set for a Vincent Price movie.
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#128 Postby arkess7 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Well there was a nice cold spell here :wink: but back to the 80's that feel like the 90's! :x

Problems came up and I never had that garage sale breeze :x I'm glad you and Pburgh enjoyed the cookies....but I AM havin' that sale the 1st week of Nov.... :sun:

Streetsoilder...i member my dog was blind for 2 years....i hope (ho) is good...my daughter would love to come to your house trick n treatin'! :ggreen:

The "stove" should be comin back soon huh? *Crouton is hunting for some KK's!*

Well I left some pre-Halloween candy(snickers and reese pnut cups) some bottled water for now cause its too darn hot here!

Hope everyone has a nice Halloween! *arkess has to go get KK's to get Crouton to quit diggin up the back porch!*
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#129 Postby breeze » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:32 am

Happy Halloween, everyone, even though my dear Mother has been digging around the
house for Christmas cards this morning...lol, she seems to be getting in the holiday spirit
a wee bit early, this year. Please don't even say the "C" word, yet - argh! LOL, maybe
PBurgh will share that bottle of chardonnay...? :wink:

Arkess, good luck on that yard sale - and thanks for the candy!

I'm leaving some popcorn balls and pumpkin Peeps for all of you Storm2K treat-or-treaters,
but it looks like Streetsoldier has all the candy over at his place.

*Waving HI to Ed!
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#130 Postby azskyman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 am

The post Halloween spookies continue. Here I am showing up on the porch and everyone else is thinking about the holidays just ahead. Some friend I am!!

It was a long and hot summer here, but relaxed temperatures now in November (high around 80 today) are welcomed. A few Santas already adorn front yards, and sparkling holiday lights will grow more numerous after the weekend ahead.

Bill, sorry to hear about Annabelle's sight. Sasha had a tough time her last couple of years with it too, but never once compained when there was a chance to rest her head at my feet. I'm sure Annabelle (she be the ho) is as loyal and loving as ever.

Clock still ticking on the years, of course. Closing on ten years since we first spent time on the porch or by the stove. Still, it's good to see the familiar and friendly faces. Not all has been good during these times, yet friendships persist through them all.

Here's hoping for a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving for each and all of you. Remember some leftovers for Crouton and Slowpoke.

Take care, and thanks for letting me sit a bit.
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#131 Postby breeze » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Was that really a lost Halloween spook or was that...Poppysky? LOL, so good to see you resting
on the porch. I've really missed you around here, though I know life finds other things that demand
more of our time. The Christmas decorations have been gradually starting to go up here, as well,
though I am nowhere close to being ready to decorate here. This porch is getting somewhat chilly
and I expect the pot-bellied stove should be getting a good work-out soon...

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm very thankful for all of the years I've enjoyed
wonderful friends here on Storm2K!
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#132 Postby streetsoldier » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanksgiving is over...Annabelle (she be a ho') didn't get any people food (Doctor's orders), but we had more than enough good treats for her and the rest of the wee wolves.

Now Christmas is rearing its head...time to hire the young men who put up our lights last year, get out the 5 trees we put up, and hide in my room until 11 Dec 09 passes me by. I'm not ready to be 58 just yet.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#133 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:11 am

After the snow today in Houston and LA, and MS. I think it is time for the pot bellied stove!! Anyone agree?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#134 Postby streetsoldier » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Kicking the door to the Gewneral Store open...opening the stove,l setting the tinder alight...now, the wood...checking to see that the store's stocked...yep.

You may proceed; Annabelle (she be a ho'), Seamus (terrierist), Bonnie Wee Lassie and Digger B. O'Dell (wee Westies) are waiting at the door, wanting to curl up at the foot of the POT-BELLIED STOVE.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#135 Postby vbhoutex » Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 am

Even though some of our members in Colorado are still getting snow, I think it is time to move back outside to the front porch, so I have extinguished the fire in the pot bellied stove till winter comes around again. Oh I did leave some sweet tea and homemade chocolate chip cookies sitting on the table. Enjoy!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#136 Postby brunota2003 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 am

Oh man...has the porch had ac installed yet??? It is 104 here currently, and hit 106 yesterday and the day before.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#137 Postby vbhoutex » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 am

brunota2003 wrote:Oh man...has the porch had ac installed yet??? It is 104 here currently, and hit 106 yesterday and the day before.

Unfortunately we didn't construct the front porch to be desert friendly. Maybe we need to look into installing a mister system.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#138 Postby streetsoldier » Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am

It's still too rainy and cool to be on the front porch yet; can any one show me the way to the pot-belly stove?

Oh, yes...Annabelle (she be a ho') says "Ar-OOOOOOOOOO-ah!" ("Missed you...I love you...gimmesome!") to one and all.
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#139 Postby arkess7 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 am

Well I see the porch is back........been here for a while......had to pull out a cooler full of ice..packed with coronas and some lime.....too hot...me and roxy are gettin used to it...we are very sad for all the animals that are dying from the oil freak accident (or whatever the hell it was)...i would love to volunteer time helping the poor wildlife if i had the money or time.....

Prayers go out from here on the porch :(
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#140 Postby Pburgh » Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am

It's still kinda chilly here in the Burgh but I really love these temps compared to the 90° of Summer. Don't care for beer but thanks for the offer. I brought some Bombay sapphire, tonic and limes to start off the season.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”