Storm2k using safari on iPhone....ANNOYING Tapatalk pop up

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

baytownwx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Storm2k using safari on iPhone....ANNOYING Tapatalk pop up

#1 Postby baytownwx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Every time I browse storm2k on my iPhone (using safari) an annoying pop-up comes up for tapatalk. It literally pops-up every time I click on anything within the forum and I have to click cancel in order for it to go away. I would be fine with it popping up just once when I first visit the site, but every thread I open and pretty much anything I click on within Storm2k I get the pop-up (which could be easily 50x during one browsing session) :eek: :double:
I have tried accepting cookies, but that didn't do anything. The pop up reads,
"This forum has an app for iPhone and iPod touch! Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk." Until then, I find myself not even wanting to go to this site, which is a shame! I LOVE it here and have learned so much! Is anyone else having this issue and know how to make it go away, thanks for any input.

*edited to add more detailed info
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

lurkey
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Storm2k using safari on iPhone....ANNOYING Tapatalk pop up

#2 Postby lurkey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:51 pm

baytownwx wrote:Every time I browse storm2k on my iPhone (using safari) an annoying pop-up comes up for tapatalk. It literally pops-up every time I click on anything within the forum and I have to click cancel in order for it to go away. I would be fine with it popping up just once when I first visit the site, but every thread I open and pretty much anything I click on within Storm2k I get the pop-up (which could be easily 50x during one browsing session) :eek: :double:
I have tried accepting cookies, but that didn't do anything. The pop up reads,
"This forum has an app for iPhone and iPod touch! Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk." Until then, I find myself not even wanting to go to this site, which is a shame! I LOVE it here and have learned so much! Is anyone else having this issue and know how to make it go away, thanks for any input.

*edited to add more detailed info

I think it is something that pops up when the site detects that you are on an iPhone/iPad. I like Tapatalk, but I haven't been using it because the forum hasn't been working with the iOS app. Was that ever fixed?
0 likes   
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
-- Hamlet, Act 1, scene 5

It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress. - Jacob, Lost

"Every single day, ordinary people do extraordinary things." --Jimmy V

Return to “Off Topic”