Hot Car Tragedy

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

Hot Car Tragedy

#1 Postby wyq614 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 am

I know that hot car deaths is currently a rather popular topic in the U.S. as children or pets hot car death incidents have happened in various States.

But actually, similar accidents have happened in China, too. Several days earlier in Changsha County, Hunan Province, China, parents went to shopping leaving their 4-year-old child in their car unlocked with a door open. But the doors were somehow accidentally locked while the child was playing alone, and as a result, the child died after some time helplessly in the locked car as the outside temperature was around 95 degrees.

According to the Chinese law, the parents will not necessarily face charges for leaving their child out of sight or in a car that was not locked by them. But anyway the pain of losing their child is still so hard for them to suffer.

So I'm here to remind all our S2K friends, always look again before you lock your car.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Hot Car Tragedy

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:47 am

So sad!! I just don't understand how parents can leave a child like that. IT IS NEVER SAFE TO LEAVE A CHILD ALONE IN A VEHICLE NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER IS!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby euro6208 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:06 am

Happened last week over here...Parents forgot their 3 month old baby in a car under very hot weather. They thought they took him in the house but got suspicious why he wasn't crying so they went to look for him and found the shocking truth...
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

asd123
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby asd123 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:54 pm

euro6208 wrote:Happened last week over here...Parents forgot their 3 month old baby in a car under very hot weather. They thought they took him in the house but got suspicious why he wasn't crying so they went to look for him and found the shocking truth...

I bet they didn't forget their smartphone :ggreen:

Seriously, who can forget their baby in a hot car? You would have to be pretty obtuse to do that; When someone arrives at their destination, they simply just forget that they put a baby in the car before they left the origin? No excuse. It's not like someone places the baby in your car without your knowledge.
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm

asd123 wrote:
euro6208 wrote:Happened last week over here...Parents forgot their 3 month old baby in a car under very hot weather. They thought they took him in the house but got suspicious why he wasn't crying so they went to look for him and found the shocking truth...

I bet they didn't forget their smartphone :ggreen:

Seriously, who can forget their baby in a hot car? You would have to be pretty obtuse to do that; When someone arrives at their destination, they simply just forget that they put a baby in the car before they left the origin? No excuse. It's not like someone places the baby in your car without your knowledge.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby tolakram » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 am

I can't imagine forgetting one of my kids in the car.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneBill
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby HurricaneBill » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 pm

This also happens frequently with dogs. Dogs can't sweat the same way people do.
0 likes   

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

#8 Postby wyq614 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Anxi County, Fujian Province - Mom went shopping leaving child alone in her car with windows open. Child accidentally pressed the windows control button and his head was stuck between the window and the top of the door. He had become unconscious when a cop happened to pass by and find him. He survived.

One more time: NEVER leave child alone in a car!
0 likes   

TacoTACO
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#9 Postby TacoTACO » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:51 pm

:( :( :( :cry: :cry:
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby TexasStooge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:32 am

HurricaneBill wrote:This also happens frequently with dogs. Dogs can't sweat the same way people do.

Exactly. Even if people were to leave them in the car with the window cracked open, it can still get hot in there.
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Return to “Off Topic”