Another Grandson is on the way!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Another Grandson is on the way!

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:44 pm

My daughter in law has informed us that our third grandson will be here in March 2015. Since she told us, I got busy with my knitting needles and some yarn.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Another Grandson is on the way!

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:33 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:My daughter in law has informed us that our third grandson will be here in March 2015. Since she told us, I got busy with my knitting needles and some yarn.

Congratulations!! That boy will surely have some very nice things with you at the needles!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby TexasStooge » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:59 am

Congrats!!!
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby angelwing » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:My daughter in law has informed us that our third grandson will be here in March 2015. Since she told us, I got busy with my knitting needles and some yarn.

Congratulations!! That boy will surely have some very nice things with you at the needles!

You are so right! I have knitted two sweaters, a newborn size and a 12 month size that he will grow into next winter. I also knitted hats to with the sweaters and some baby socks. The next thing to be started on the needles will be a blanket to match each sweater set. The new born sweater is a dark blue yarn color called Twilight at KnitPicks.com, the 12 month size is a lighter blue called Sky in the Brava line at KnitPicks.com. I even made the pompoms to go on the hats.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby artist » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 am

Congrats to you all!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:02 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:

You are so right! I have knitted two sweaters, a newborn size and a 12 month size that he will grow into next winter. I also knitted hats to with the sweaters and some baby socks. The next thing to be started on the needles will be a blanket to match each sweater set. The new born sweater is a dark blue yarn color called Twilight at KnitPicks.com, the 12 month size is a lighter blue called Sky in the Brava line at KnitPicks.com. I even made the pompoms to go on the hats.

Wow!!Do you ever have time to eat or sleep? :ggreen: I AM IMPRESSED!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby angelwing » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:12 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Hunter Daniel Mason will be delivered on the 18th of Feb. The Dr. is going to induce labor on her on the 18th. As soon as I get the blanket finished, I will be mailing out all the baby items I have made.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:Hunter Daniel Mason will be delivered on the 18th of Feb. The Dr. is going to induce labor on her on the 18th. As soon as I get the blanket finished, I will be mailing out all the baby items I have made.

Keep us posted. Isn't that about a month early?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:46 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:Hunter Daniel Mason will be delivered on the 18th of Feb. The Dr. is going to induce labor on her on the 18th. As soon as I get the blanket finished, I will be mailing out all the baby items I have made.

Keep us posted. Isn't that about a month early?

It might be but the Dr says that the baby weighs in at 7 1/2 - 8lbs already and Brenna is on the petite size. Not only that but her due date was late Feb.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Hunter Daniel Mason entered the world this past Thursday afternoon at a little after 3PM via emergency C-Section since he was presenting his self feet first in a breech position. He weighed in at 7 lbs 6 ozs. He picked his own birthday , didn't wait to be induced, just like his daddy did when my son was born.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#13 Postby artist » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 am

DaylilyDawn wrote:Hunter Daniel Mason entered the world this past Thursday afternoon at a little after 3PM via emergency C-Section since he was presenting his self feet first in a breech position. He weighed in at 7 lbs 6 ozs. He picked his own birthday , didn't wait to be induced, just like his daddy did when my son was born.

Congrats, Daylily to you all!
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby angelwing » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:55 am

Congrats!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#15 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Congrats!!! Glad all worked out ok. Now he can keep warm with all his Grandma made clothes.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Hunter turned 1 year old on the 12th of this month. His black hair has turned reddish brown and now it is yurning reddish blonde. He is doing exactly what his daddy's hair did . My son was born with a head full of black hair and it had gone through reddish brown , reddish blonde and then it went cottontop blonde by the time he was a year old.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 am

DaylilyDawn wrote:Hunter turned 1 year old on the 12th of this month. His black hair has turned reddish brown and now it is yurning reddish blonde. He is doing exactly what his daddy's hair did . My son was born with a head full of black hair and it had gone through reddish brown , reddish blonde and then it went cottontop blonde by the time he was a year old.

That sounds exactly like my hair and my son's hair. Mine is still a sandy brown with a little gray mixed in and son's is brown. Have you made blankets and clothes for him? My wife has gotten into stitching blankets for ours.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:Hunter turned 1 year old on the 12th of this month. His black hair has turned reddish brown and now it is yurning reddish blonde. He is doing exactly what his daddy's hair did . My son was born with a head full of black hair and it had gone through reddish brown , reddish blonde and then it went cottontop blonde by the time he was a year old.

That sounds exactly like my hair and my son's hair. Mine is still a sandy brown with a little gray mixed in and son's is brown. Have you made blankets and clothes for him? My wife has gotten into stitching blankets for ours.

Right now I have to wait on that since he is growing out of every thing. I have been knitting some gloves for two students wh come through my crossing, they didn't have any and had no mittens either. Then I several orders for more gloves from several people who are crossing guards with me. They saw the pair I made for my former boss, and thought they were made on a machine, when they found out I made them, they said if you would make me a pair I will pay you for your time.So Since I already have enough black sock yarn, I said I would.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Youngest grandson is now 1 year old!

#19 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Hunter turned 1 year old on Feb 12th of Feb. He is now crawling and getting bigger every day.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#20 Postby CajunMama » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:45 am

I have a grandson on the way! He's due 8/27. I already have 2 granddaughters 3 years and 6 months. I was meant to be a grandmother!!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”