I Almost Died!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

I Almost Died!

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Earlier this year my thyroid medicine ran out and the prescription had been canceled since the dr. who prescribed it was no longer working at the VA clinic. With no prescription and no money to purchase my thyroid blood levels (no thyroid gland since cancer in it was removed in 1999) were out of control. On May 8th I was getting ready to go out on my crossing guard duty and was too early so I sat down at table and fell asleep. When I woke up I was being placed into an ambulance and taken to Lakeland Regional Hospital where I spent nearly 3 weeks before being transfered to the VA hospital over in Tampa for another week or so. I was allowed to come home on the 27th of May. During that time no one watered my plants and as a result I have lost almost every plant I had. Only a few have come back from the roots after a little rain we got 2 days ago.
I am not supposed to drive or work for the next few weeks. School will be out for the summer tomorrow and I will not be able to tell the kids to have a great summer.

I have also been diagnosed with inner ear hearing loss in both ears and will have to have hearing aids. The ones I am getting are very small and fit into the ear like the earphones you use on a phone or radio if you still have radio that has the small earphones, not the big old over the ear type.
0 likes   

Ev1948
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Ev1948 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 am

Wow, I hope you get better soon, that must have been awful. Take care of you !
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: I Almost Died!

#3 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:33 pm

It was, I felt OK but my husband and others said I was forgetting things and slurring my speech. I am getting better each day now that I have my medicine and things are getting back to normal levels in the blood work.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:37 pm

O.M.G. DaylilyDawn I am so glad you are back with us!! gonna be sending some healing and comfort prayers your way as you transition back to better health!! Please keep us posted on your progress.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:59 pm

vbhoutex wrote:O.M.G. DaylilyDawn I am so glad you are back with us!! gonna be sending some healing and comfort prayers your way as you transition back to better health!! Please keep us posted on your progress.

I am glad to be back. I will post my progress as I find out things.I saw Dr Rodriguez to day at the VA. and had fasting blood work done early this morning. but the results weren't back by the time I saw him at 10:30 am. He was asking me about the exercise I have been getting and I said I have been working around my daylilies trying to determine how many daylilies I lost while in the hospital . He thought I was working with lilies. I had to correct him about the difference between the lily and a daylily.

I got to see my youngest grandson while in the hospital. My son came home with the baby to see us and found out I was in the hospital. He brought the baby up to see me several times as long as he was here. He left to drive back to Va. before I got out of the hospital. Hunter looks just like his dad. I got a picture from my daughter-in-law of Hunter wearing the sweater I knitted and sent up to her. He is almost 4 months old now.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:O.M.G. DaylilyDawn I am so glad you are back with us!! gonna be sending some healing and comfort prayers your way as you transition back to better health!! Please keep us posted on your progress.

I am glad to be back. I will post my progress as I find out things.I saw Dr Rodriguez to day at the VA. and had fasting blood work done early this morning. but the results weren't back by the time I saw him at 10:30 am. He was asking me about the exercise I have been getting and I said I have been working around my daylilies trying to determine how many daylilies I lost while in the hospital . He thought I was working with lilies. I had to correct him about the difference between the lily and a daylily.

I got to see my youngest grandson while in the hospital. My son came home with the baby to see us and found out I was in the hospital. He brought the baby up to see me several times as long as he was here. He left to drive back to Va. before I got out of the hospital. Hunter looks just like his dad. I got a picture from my daughter-in-law of Hunter wearing the sweater I knitted and sent up to her. He is almost 4 months old now.

I know he looked good in that sweater too. So glad you got to see him. Can't believe he is 4 months already!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 am

DaylilyDawn wrote:... During that time no one watered my plants and as a result I have lost almost every plant I had. ...
That's kinda sad. Your family really should have been more thoughtful, knowing how important flowers (especially daylilies) are to you.

Anyway, I'm glad you health continues to improve.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMr839d1PI0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

God Bless
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby angelwing » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Glad to see you back!
Get better soon!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:45 pm

On the 11th of this month, I go to the Lakeland VA Clinic to have the hearing aids fitted and put in my ears. My appointment time is at 11:00 am. I will post back here after I get home from the Lakeland VA.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:On the 11th of this month, I go to the Lakeland VA Clinic to have the hearing aids fitted and put in my ears. My appointment time is at 11:00 am. I will post back here after I get home from the Lakeland VA.

I look forward to your report. Our son is completely deaf in one ear and profoundly deaf in the other one. He uses an aid in that ear and just got a newer aid and it really improved his hearing.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:44 am

I got the hearing aids Thursday morning. They fit into my ear like small earphones. They have a little piece of clear plastic with a little ball on the end of so that I can pull them out to take a bath or go to bed.They even have a remote switch I can use to turn them up or down as needed. I will have to get some more split rings to put on my purse so I can carry the remote with me when I go to places .I have my keys and phone on split rings attached to the strap fittings , because the purse is not big enough to hold the phone or my key chain.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#12 Postby CajunMama » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:11 am

I totally missed this thread. How scary to have your levels so out of whack. Don't ever let your levels get like that again!!!!!!

Now don't do like my FIL used to do...turn down his hearing aids when he didn't want to listen to you! :lol:
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 am

The only one I would turn the sound to not listen to is my daughter when she starts talking about this Paleo food stuff about changing how and what what we eat.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#14 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:30 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:I got the hearing aids Thursday morning. They fit into my ear like small earphones. They have a little piece of clear plastic with a little ball on the end of so that I can pull them out to take a bath or go to bed.They even have a remote switch I can use to turn them up or down as needed. I will have to get some more split rings to put on my purse so I can carry the remote with me when I go to places .I have my keys and phone on split rings attached to the strap fittings , because the purse is not big enough to hold the phone or my key chain.

Sounds just like what my son wears. Are they helping? LOL at you and CajunMama!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:52 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:I got the hearing aids Thursday morning. They fit into my ear like small earphones. They have a little piece of clear plastic with a little ball on the end of so that I can pull them out to take a bath or go to bed.They even have a remote switch I can use to turn them up or down as needed. I will have to get some more split rings to put on my purse so I can carry the remote with me when I go to places .I have my keys and phone on split rings attached to the strap fittings , because the purse is not big enough to hold the phone or my key chain.

Sounds just like what my son wears. Are they helping? LOL at you and CajunMama!!

Yes they are helping me, I can hear my phone when it rings now. The ring on it isn't very loud. It wil take me a little time to get used to wearing them all the time though.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Have been wearing the hearing aids for a couple of days now. they tend to make my ears itch though so I have to pull them out and take care of that with my little finger. It won't go in as far as a q tip does.The left one tends to make the side of the ear opening sore so I have to remove it for a while to let it get better then put the aid back in.
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby abajan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:The only one I would turn the sound to not listen to is my daughter when she starts talking about this Paleo food stuff about changing how and what what we eat.
Why is that? Are you sure she doesn't make any valid points? Or is it the way she goes about trying to convince you?

Of course, there's also this Dr Pepper lover who's 104:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KG912GXSaI[/youtube]

Somehow, I doubt she's into all that Paleo stuff. Show it to your daughter and let us know what she thinks! :lol:
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:48 pm

abajan wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:The only one I would turn the sound to not listen to is my daughter when she starts talking about this Paleo food stuff about changing how and what what we eat.
Why is that? Are you sure she doesn't make any valid points? Or is it the way she goes about trying to convince you?

Of course, there's also this Dr Pepper lover who's 104:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KG912GXSaI[/youtube]

Somehow, I doubt she's into all that Paleo stuff. Show it to your daughter and let us know what she thinks! :lol:

Every time some new disease is talked about or treatment said for some type of injury. She thinks everything that has carbohydrates or is white, is out of the food we are supposed to eat. Nothing in the nightshade family like tomatoes, potatoes, or any dairy product, no cheese or butter or milk. Paleo diets really only want you eating meats and one vegetable. Her way of trying to stuff it down our throats is not going over with me or her dad. If a food was going to give me a reaction, it would have happened already.You know what I mean, like an allergy reaction.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#19 Postby DaylilyDawn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:04 am

My thyroid dose is being reduced,since Friday The Dr at the thyroid clinic called me and said he thinks the medicine dose needs to be reduced from 150 mg to 138 mg. Not by much , he wants to see if my THC level gets reduced more than what it is now.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#20 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:07 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:My thyroid dose is being reduced,since Friday The Dr at the thyroid clinic called me and said he thinks the medicine dose needs to be reduced from 150 mg to 138 mg. Not by much , he wants to see if my THC level gets reduced more than what it is now.

I'm presuming this is a good thing? :D
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Return to “Off Topic”