Changing from Standard Time to DST on S2K

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Changing from Standard Time to DST on S2K

#1 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Does anyone know exactly how to change the time display on here from Standard Time to DST? With the redesign of this forum several months ago I seem to not be able to locate where to go.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Changing from Standard Time to DST on S2K

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:53 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:Does anyone know exactly how to change the time display on here from Standard Time to DST? With the redesign of this forum several months ago I seem to not be able to locate where to go.

You should be able to change it in you user control panel.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby WeatherGuesser » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 am

If there's a auto-change option, I don't see it. I see where you can select the current Timezone under User Control Panel >> Board Preferences >> Edit Global Settings, but you have to change it manually. Unless something happens behind the scenes?

There IS a hack/mod for it however: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... _timezone/

There may be others also. I'm not we users would know if one has already been installed though.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#4 Postby wxman57 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:21 am

There's no automatic setting. You need to go to the user control panel, board preferences tab, edit global settings and you can change your UTC offset for DST.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”