Weather station mounting help!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MississippiHurricane
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Weather station mounting help!

#1 Postby MississippiHurricane » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 pm

I own a all in one weather station that is currently mounted 5 ft above my roof and would like to put it higher in the air. I mostly care about wind speed readings vs anything else. I recently got a telescoping 30 ft 16 gauge aluminum flagpole that twist and locks into place. How can I make this work for this station to where its rugged to hold this in high winds since I live in hurricane prone florida? I do have a pole in my backyard...a clothes line pole that's 6ft tall that's in cement that I can attach the flagpole to. Any help ie greatly appreciated since this is my first time doing anything remotely like this. Picture is how my wx station sits nowImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
0 likes   

USTropics
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Weather station mounting help!

#2 Postby USTropics » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:06 pm

MississippiHurricane wrote:I own a all in one weather station that is currently mounted 5 ft above my roof and would like to put it higher in the air. I mostly care about wind speed readings vs anything else. I recently got a telescoping 30 ft 16 gauge aluminum flagpole that twist and locks into place. How can I make this work for this station to where its rugged to hold this in high winds since I live in hurricane prone florida? I do have a pole in my backyard...a clothes line pole that's 6ft tall that's in cement that I can attach the flagpole to. Any help ie greatly appreciated since this is my first time doing anything remotely like this. Picture is how my wx station sits now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check out weather station mounting kits (like this one - https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather- ... n+mounting). You could also make one yourself with simple brackets (see image below for an example using an exhaust pipe, same concept though with the flagpole).

0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”