Sad news

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Sad news

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:46 pm

It is with deep pain that I have to announce that one of the original members of STORM2K Patricia 'TICKA' Herman passed away yesterday morning. She was no longer a member here, but is well known in weather circles. Many of our older members will know who I am talking about. There are services planned next week. They will be through Sterling White Funeral home in Highlands, TX. and the Funeral will be at St. Judes Catholic Church in Highlands, TX. on Thursday. If I find out more information I will try to post it here.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Sad news

#2 Postby Portastorm » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

vbhoutex wrote:It is with deep pain that I have to announce that one of the original members of STORM2K Patricia 'TICKA' Herman passed away yesterday morning. She was no longer a member here, but is well known in weather circles. Many of our older members will know who I am talking about. There are services planned next week. They will be through Sterling White Funeral home in Highlands, TX. and the Funeral will be at St. Judes Catholic Church in Highlands, TX. on Thursday. If I find out more information I will try to post it here.

David, I saw that a bit ago on Facebook as Ticka and I were FB friends. I am just stunned by this news ... shocked. :(
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Oh boy. Rest in peace her soul.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Portastorm wrote:
vbhoutex wrote:It is with deep pain that I have to announce that one of the original members of STORM2K Patricia 'TICKA' Herman passed away yesterday morning. She was no longer a member here, but is well known in weather circles. Many of our older members will know who I am talking about. There are services planned next week. They will be through Sterling White Funeral home in Highlands, TX. and the Funeral will be at St. Judes Catholic Church in Highlands, TX. on Thursday. If I find out more information I will try to post it here.

David, I saw that a bit ago on Facebook as Ticka and I were FB friends. I am just stunned by this news ... shocked. :(

As I am!! There have been no indications of any problems that I am aware of. I was FB friends with her and Donny also. She was upbeat and looking for a new job since her previous contract had ended. Nothing in her posts to indicate problems.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Very sad, indeed. May Patricia rest in peace. I distinctly remember "TICKA" as easily being one of the most enthusiastic and active members (probably top 5) when I joined S2K 15 years ago. Unless I'm mistaken, she was VERY active in S2K chat (along with BreInLa...those are the 2 I remember the most in chat) unless I'm thinking of the predecessor to S2K. Also, based on my recollection, she would still have been fairly young at her passing.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm

LarryWx wrote:Very sad, indeed. May Patricia rest in peace. I distinctly remember "TICKA" as easily being one of the most enthusiastic and active members (probably top 5) when I joined S2K 15 years ago. Unless I'm mistaken, she was VERY active in S2K chat (along with BreInLa...those are the 2 I remember the most in chat) unless I'm thinking of the predecessor to S2K. Also, based on my recollection, she would still have been fairly young at her passing.

Your memories are correct. She was 55 yo.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby srainhoutx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Ticka was one of the original members of the KHOU Board dating back to 2001. I am heartbroken at her sudden passing. My prayers are with her husband Donny and all of her Family. Let this be a lesson that NO ONE is promised tomorrow. Cherish your friends and hold them tight! :cry:
3 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby azskyman » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:59 pm

In the earliest days of S2k, I sure participated a lot more. One of the wonderful benefits for all of us are the friends we have carried forward through the years. I don't post much here, but I know I am always welcome. But I remember fondly the days when I was still working and posting from my office computer when I had a chance. When I'd see Ticka online, I knew I was among friends. Condolences to her husband and family. Losing a member is sad, but thankfully we still have the benefit of memories. Her family will too.
2 likes   

tropicana
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby tropicana » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 pm

I didnt know her, but I am saddened to hear this sad news :(
0 likes   

isobar
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby isobar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 pm

So sorry to hear about Ticka! :(
0 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby floridasun78 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 pm

i know her from other weather site she chat with us other site that shutdown
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#12 Postby wxman57 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I remember Ticka from back in the 1990s when we used to use IRC (Internet Relay Chat). Sorry to hear the news.
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#13 Postby jasons2k » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:45 am

Oh my, this is terrible news. May she rest in peace and prayers for her family.
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby LarryWx » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 pm

floridasun78 wrote:i know her from other weather site she chat with us other site that shutdown

The more I think about this and looking at your post, the Ticka chat I'm distinctly recalling was from a site pre-S2K...WPB or something? There was a 1998 site I think. BreinLA was also very active there and I think I remember you, too, but you had a different name and I may also have had different.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby floridasun78 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:47 pm

LarryWx wrote:
floridasun78 wrote:i know her from other weather site she chat with us other site that shutdown

The more I think about this and looking at your post, the Ticka chat I'm distinctly recalling was from a site pre-S2K...WPB or something? There was a 1998 site I think. BreinLA was also very active there and I think I remember you, too, but you had a different name and I may also have had different.

it was call hurricane hollow guy was barometer bob he did show doing thur and doing hurr landfall she chat that site chatroom alot going show other night my name was hurr789
1 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby KatDaddy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:12 pm

It seems like yesterday that I met Ticka on GoPBI’s Storm 97 weather forum pre-Storm2k and was an honor to meet her at our local Storm2k gathering in Kemah 2012. I will miss her posts on the forums but I know she will be watching down us during each weather event. Prayers for her family.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 pm

floridasun78 wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

it was call hurricane hollow guy was barometer bob he did show doing thur and doing hurr landfall she chat that site chatroom alot going show other night my name was hurr789

Ticka, Barometer Bob, myself, Katdaddy, and quite a few others started out at WPB. STORM2K was created out of the frustration of the lack of moderation on that board, TWC boards and some others. Ticka was one of S2K's original members.
2 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby floridasun78 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:39 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
floridasun78 wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

Ticka, Barometer Bob, myself, Katdaddy, and quite a few others started out at WPB. STORM2K was created out of the frustration of the lack of moderation on that board, TWC boards and some others. Ticka was one of S2K's original members.

she was on both site
0 likes   

BetaEffect
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#19 Postby BetaEffect » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 am

I just heard and was talking to Donnie about Ticka. Yes, I remember her from the original pre Storm2K (WPB. STORM2K) bbs. (I was called Coriolis). I was shocked and saddened to hear about Patricia's passing. She was a good friend and there were no indicators of any health issues. Donnie took her to the ER and within an hour, she died and at this point, it may have been a heart attack.

Many may have remembered her with her Wild On Weather site but she dropped it years ago (NOTE: Admin - I hope the above was okay to state.)

RIP Ticka. You can watch all the storms from the upper levels now.
2 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#20 Postby South Texas Storms » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 pm

So sad to hear this. We were also friends on Facebook. Never met her, but seemed like a very nice person. Praying for her family and friends in this tough time.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”