Merry Christmas Storm2K & a reintroduction!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JMoses3419
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Merry Christmas Storm2K & a reintroduction!

#1 Postby JMoses3419 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Wanted to make my first post to wish you all a Merry Christmas from here in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! I hope all of you are spending it with your families wherever you may be.

This will also serve as a re-introduction for some of you -- and an intro to others. I was a member for a long time under the name of therock1811, but kinda drifted away from these message boards in 2009. At the time I drifted away, I lived in the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio as a 24 year old. I am now 33 and moved to Oklahoma City last year (Christmas night actually is when I made the drive west) to chase tornadoes with a longtime friend/degreed meteorologist and (eventually) pursue my own degree that I've held off on getting for 14 years. Unfortunately, more medical issues cropped up in my life after 2009. For example, in 2014 I broke my neck and required a fusion of my C4-6 vertebrae, and most recently, I've now had a third bout with sepsis, in addition to Fournier's gangrene and necrotizing fasciitis that left me with a colostomy and having had to have 3 surgeries in 2 months (and a fourth coming in February probably that may potentially keep me from chasing for part of 2019).

I look forward to getting to know some of the newer faces and reconnecting with a few of you who I already know (vbhoutex, southerngale, and anyone else who might have been here when I left).
1 likes   
Jeremy Moses (formerly therock1811)
Oklahoma City, OK by way of Cincinnati area, OH/KY
Proud to call myself a weather nerd since 1992
DISCLAIMER: All forecasts are solely mine, and are not endorsed by S2K or any professional organization. For official info refer to NWS products.

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Merry Christmas Storm2K & a reintroduction!

#2 Postby South Texas Storms » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:15 pm

JMoses3419 wrote:Wanted to make my first post to wish you all a Merry Christmas from here in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! I hope all of you are spending it with your families wherever you may be.

This will also serve as a re-introduction for some of you -- and an intro to others. I was a member for a long time under the name of therock1811, but kinda drifted away from these message boards in 2009. At the time I drifted away, I lived in the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio as a 24 year old. I am now 33 and moved to Oklahoma City last year (Christmas night actually is when I made the drive west) to chase tornadoes with a longtime friend/degreed meteorologist and (eventually) pursue my own degree that I've held off on getting for 14 years. Unfortunately, more medical issues cropped up in my life after 2009. For example, in 2014 I broke my neck and required a fusion of my C4-6 vertebrae, and most recently, I've now had a third bout with sepsis, in addition to Fournier's gangrene and necrotizing fasciitis that left me with a colostomy and having had to have 3 surgeries in 2 months (and a fourth coming in February probably that may potentially keep me from chasing for part of 2019).

I look forward to getting to know some of the newer faces and reconnecting with a few of you who I already know (vbhoutex, southerngale, and anyone else who might have been here when I left).

Thanks, and hope you had a great Christmas as well!

Welcome back to Storm2K!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:52 pm

WOW! Talk about a voice from the past!! Sorry to hear about your health problems, but glad to see your back at S2K!
Some things have changed around here too but quite a few of your old friends are still here.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

JMoses3419
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby JMoses3419 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm

vbhoutex wrote:WOW! Talk about a voice from the past!! Sorry to hear about your health problems, but glad to see your back at S2K!
Some things have changed around here too but quite a few of your old friends are still here.

Indeed, it looks like change has come! I remember you for sure, though.
0 likes   
DISCLAIMER: All forecasts are solely mine, and are not endorsed by S2K or any professional organization. For official info refer to NWS products.

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby southerngale » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Wow! It's great to hear from you! Yeah, I'm seeing this kinda late. :roll: I've had a lot going on myself that has kept me away. I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues, but pray everything is better now.
1 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

JMoses3419
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby JMoses3419 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:07 am

southerngale wrote:Wow! It's great to hear from you! Yeah, I'm seeing this kinda late. :roll: I've had a lot going on myself that has kept me away. I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues, but pray everything is better now.

No worries. I’ve recently had even more medical problems. Last week, got the ol’ gallbladder out. I feel like I’m snakebit. I did get on a couple intercepts in June and July (storms in those months are never guaranteed here) between hospital stays, but I missed the record active May we had in Oklahoma.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”