National Tropical Weather Conference

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

weathaguyry
Category 5
Category 5

National Tropical Weather Conference

#1 Postby weathaguyry » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 pm

I was looking around on the internet and saw that the National Weather Conference is April 3-6 of this year. Being an amateur weather enthusiast is this something that I can attend, or is this an event that is more exclusively for professionals? Any insight would be helpful!
0 likes   
My posts are only my opinions and NOT official forecasts. For official forecasts, consult the National Hurricane Center or the National Weather Service.

Irene 11', Sandy 12', Fay 20’, Isaias 20’, Elsa 21’, Henri 21’, Ida 21’

JMoses3419
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: National Tropical Weather Conference

#2 Postby JMoses3419 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:42 am

weathaguyry wrote:I was looking around on the internet and saw that the National Weather Conference is April 3-6 of this year. Being an amateur weather enthusiast is this something that I can attend, or is this an event that is more exclusively for professionals? Any insight would be helpful!

It's supposed to be aimed at professionals, as well as corporations.
2 likes   
Jeremy Moses (formerly therock1811)
Oklahoma City, OK by way of Cincinnati area, OH/KY
Proud to call myself a weather nerd since 1992
DISCLAIMER: All forecasts are solely mine, and are not endorsed by S2K or any professional organization. For official info refer to NWS products.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#3 Postby wxman57 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Anyone can attend. Katdaddy, srainhoutx, and vbhouston (I think that's his alias) usually attend. I've presented there a few times. I'm on the advisory board this year, but am not sure if I will make it down to South Padre this year. Being a meteorologist, it's hands-down the best conference I've ever attended. In the past, it has been geared mostly toward the media (TV, mostly). The talks are always interesting and the people are great.

Early registration is $200.

http://www.hurricanecenterlive.com/main.html
2 likes   

weathaguyry
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby weathaguyry » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:44 pm

wxman57 wrote:Anyone can attend. Katdaddy, srainhoutx, and vbhouston (I think that's his alias) usually attend. I've presented there a few times. I'm on the advisory board this year, but am not sure if I will make it down to South Padre this year. Being a meteorologist, it's hands-down the best conference I've ever attended. In the past, it has been geared mostly toward the media (TV, mostly). The talks are always interesting and the people are great.

Early registration is $200.

http://www.hurricanecenterlive.com/main.html

Thanks for letting me know, I look forward to potentially attending with my father and meeting everyone!
0 likes   
My posts are only my opinions and NOT official forecasts. For official forecasts, consult the National Hurricane Center or the National Weather Service.

Irene 11', Sandy 12', Fay 20’, Isaias 20’, Elsa 21’, Henri 21’, Ida 21’

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I too am on the advisory board and I am far from being a "professional". I hope you can make it and look forward to meeting both you and your dad!!
1 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Return to “Off Topic”