How old were you when you first got into the tropics or just weather in general?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Stormi
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: How old were you when you first got into the tropics or just weather in general?

#41 Postby Stormi » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 am

I grew up in South Dakota watching tornadoes from around 6 years old. Now I live in FL. For the last three years, tropical cyclones as well as tornadoes have my attention. I still have family back in SD.
0 likes   

KirbyDude25
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: How old were you when you first got into the tropics or just weather in general?

#42 Postby KirbyDude25 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:46 pm

Guess I'm the young guy here. I only started tracking storms seriously in 2019 with Dorian and didn't join this site until 2021, when I was 16. Of course, now I'm completely obsessed, flipping between here, the NHC, Reddit, Discord, etc. I live in NJ, so I don't get directly hit too much, and I was only 7 when Sandy hit; if I was older then, I probably would have started tracking storms then. Honestly, I don't remember that much from Sandy, besides the fact that Halloween got canceled in my town. It's been fun tracking with you guys though, and I'll try to stick around for many more seasons to come!
2 likes   
New Jersey, Rutgers '27
Irene 2011 | Sandy 2012 | Fay 2020 | Isaias 2020 | Ida 2021

Return to “Off Topic”