TD Humberto: Threat Area & Damage Reports: US Gulf Coast

Moderator: S2k Moderators

hurrican19
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re:

#61 Postby hurrican19 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 pm

southerngale wrote:Several locations across the area are offering water, ice and food for those still without power. Rock Island Baptist Church in Port Arthur on W. 11th St. will distribute ice, dry goods, and hot meals at 3:00 p.m. The LaBelle Fire Department at Hwy. 365 & Williams Rd. will distribute hot meals at 5:00 p.m. Gilham Circle in Port Arthur is distributing water and ice only. Water and ice is also available at the Montagne Center at Lamar University, across the street from Sabine Pass High School and the First Baptist Church in High Island on Weeks Avenue. For more specific locations please call 211.

(If you don't have power, you probably won't see this, but maybe some of you could pass it along to friends & family)

Didn't something happen during Rita as well where someone from Orange stole all the water/gatorade out of an Entergy truck??? May have been another city, but I think it was Orange.
0 likes   

Coredesat

#62 Postby Coredesat » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:27 pm

Moved to aftermath, since the rest of the Humberto threads were archived. :)
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#63 Postby southerngale » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Coredesat wrote:Moved to aftermath, since the rest of the Humberto threads were archived. :)

With all due respect, this is still ongoing and people are using this thread for information. It just hit yesterday... perhaps we could move it to archives in a few days. The advisories threads, etc. are different.
0 likes   

jbgreig
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: TD Humberto: Threat Area & Damage Reports: US Gulf Coast

#64 Postby jbgreig » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:49 pm

windsurfer77058 wrote:Brad, I just noticed you're coming from Beaumont so as of this afternoon, I don't think you could get there that way. At our end, very little water and no sign of high winds. We were fortunate. I hope the same at your place.

Thanks, Windsurfer. I drove down this afternoon, and 87 is open. Crews were working on downed lines (several groups of 15-20 poles in a row were down between High Island and Rollover Pass). Very little damage except for High Island, which seemed to get pretty hard. Lots of big trees down.

No power but the gas station at Stingaree Road was open, as was Gulf Coast Market (the Big Store). We are across the street from GCM (Driftwood subdivision) and there was no damage at all. Thank God it was a small storm.

There must have been 30-40 big utility trucks on 87. Good to see.

Checked on a few friend's places, and the worst I saw was a few shingles missing on a house East of Rollover. Dodged the bullet again!

Brad
0 likes   

attallaman

Re: Re:

#65 Postby attallaman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:43 pm

southerngale wrote:
Coredesat wrote:Moved to aftermath, since the rest of the Humberto threads were archived. :)

With all due respect, this is still ongoing and people are using this thread for information. It just hit yesterday... perhaps we could move it to archives in a few days. The advisories threads, etc. are different.
Can other members access posts and threads once they've been archived? If so how do you go about doing that?
0 likes   

attallaman

#66 Postby attallaman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Found the archives.
0 likes   

shankbear
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#67 Postby shankbear » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:10 am

I am in Orange and I went to the office the morning Humberto hit only to find a giant, 100 year old pecan tree had fallen onto my building. Wrecked a big chunk of roof, facia boards, and the bathroom. Lots of water. I had lost my previous office during Rita. I think I may move to Tyler.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#68 Postby HURAKAN » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:47 am

Message from Accuweather: Never give up on your dreams.

There are two areas we are monitoring across the tropics as we look at the weekend and beyond. First, Tropical Storm Ingrid continues its slow march across the Atlantic; however, the forecast is for Ingrid to move north of the Lesser Antilles and then northward into the Atlantic. There is a slight chance that Ingrid could continue on a westward track, however conditions are not looking favorable for this to occur.

Another area of concern is the remnant low pressure that was associated with Humberto. This low may slip back out into the Gulf of Mexico over the weekend and reorganize into a tropical disturbance. If this were to occur, the most likely track of movement would bring moisture westward into Texas next week.

Story by AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Eric Leister.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.a ... &article=4
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#69 Postby southerngale » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 am

67,122 Entergy customers are still without power and they hope to have everyone restored by Tuesday. 118,019 customers had their power knocked out due to Hurricane Humberto. My parents are among those still without power. They also had a leak that flooded their kitchen. And they got a new roof after Rita!

Thousands of insurance claims are expected in the wake of Hurricane Humberto. Several insurance companies are trying to make the process easier by being more accessible to their customers. For instance, Farmers Insurance has stationed an RV in the H-E-B parking lot on Highway 365 in Port Arthur. It's a multi-million dollar vehicle in which agents can access all necessary information for policy-holders. Farmers agents say since many of their offices are still in the dark, the RV has become an essential alternative. The RV is scheduled to be parked at H-E-B through the weekend and longer if there's a greater demand.

http://setxhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=5052
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#70 Postby CrazyC83 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 pm

I thought the remnant low was long absorbed by the cold front?
0 likes   

Return to “2007”