Tropical Depression INGRID: Threat Area : Northern Leewards

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Tropical Depression INGRID: Threat Area : Northern Leewards

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:17 am

This thread is for all who live in the islands to post all of what is going on,from preparations,weather observations to after the landfall,posting reports about damage etc.As time goes by,I will change the title to narrow the threat area to certain islands if the official NHC track shows it.
0 likes   

BatzVI
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: TD 8 Threat Area : Lesser Antilles

#2 Postby BatzVI » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:56 am

Just curious about your thoughts, cyclone.....
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:04 pm

My thoughts are that this cyclone is a threat to the islands as long the track is more west than the proyeccions by the models and the official NHC track.We have to prepare for this threat,and the good news is that as it is not moving very fast,it leaving us withplenty of time to do all the preparations.About a island in particular being a direct hit,is early to say that.
0 likes   

HurricaneMaster_PR
Category 2
Category 2

#4 Postby HurricaneMaster_PR » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Very interesting the forecast that Derek Ortt is presenting...We should make the arrangements to prepare for this one fore sure!
0 likes   

BatzVI
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby BatzVI » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:12 pm

Thanks for your thoughts.....but, isn't it also a bad thing if it slows down which could help it to intensify.....but, at the same time, if it slows down, doesn't that usually take them more to the north....which to me would be the best scenario for us in the northern islands...
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:13 pm

HurricaneMaster_PR wrote:Very interesting the forecast that Derek Ortt is presenting...We should make the arrangements to prepare for this one fore sure!

Agree,that this is the biggest threat that the NE Caribbean has seen since Jeanne in 2004.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:15 pm

BatzVI wrote:Thanks for your thoughts.....but, isn't it also a bad thing if it slows down which could help it to intensify.....but, at the same time, if it slows down, doesn't that usually take them more to the north....which to me would be the best scenario for us in the northern islands...

Is a double sword,in one side,slows down and intensify,on the other slows down and it can take the fish track.So lets see what happens in the comming days with the track and intensity.
0 likes   

greels
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Tropical Depression 8: Threat Area : Lesser Antilles

#8 Postby greels » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:14 pm

As I mentioned in a previous thread earlier this summer, I am with the Red Cross here in the Turks and Caicos Islands.....I will be keeping a close eye on this system and its path......

We sponsored a Disaster & Hurricane Workshop this past Saturday here on the Island.....hopefully, we will not need to utilize this information in the days to follow.

Many thanks,
Gretchen
0 likes   

bvigal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby bvigal » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm starting to feel a bit better about the track. 18z position looks like it's on track, or slightly right of 15z track. Here's a google map I made, showing the models I'm paying attention to, also the past 24hr positions.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#10 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Even if the models are in a track NE of the islands,until the system clears the 18.5n latitud the most north latitud of the northern Leewards,this thread will remain here as is unknown what the future track brings.What we have to do is to watch the progress of the system during the next few days and act accordinly as the events warrant.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Gustywind » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:15 pm

cycloneye wrote:Even if the models are in a track NE of the islands,until the system clears the 18.5n latitud the most north latitud of the northern Leewards,this thread will remain here as is unknown what the future track brings.What we have to do is to watch the progress of the system during the next few days and act accordinly as the events warrant.

Absolutely Cycloneye, way too early to know the outcome of this system, we have one thing to do wait and see the progress of this system and keeping in mind that we're in the peak of all the greateast hurricanes in the past.....don't let you guard down, me i'm closely monitor this feature in my location my friends!
0 likes   

Recurve
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Recurve » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:00 pm

Gustywind wrote:
cycloneye wrote:Even if the models are in a track NE of the islands,until the system clears the 18.5n latitud the most north latitud of the northern Leewards,this thread will remain here as is unknown what the future track brings.What we have to do is to watch the progress of the system during the next few days and act accordinly as the events warrant.

Absolutely Cycloneye, way too early to know the outcome of this system, we have one thing to do wait and see the progress of this system and keeping in mind that we're in the peak of all the greateast hurricanes in the past.....don't let you guard down, me i'm closely monitor this feature in my location my friends!

Tell us where you are Gusty, if you don't mind. It's good to know where everyone is...
0 likes   

bvigal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby bvigal » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Gusty is in Guadeloupe!

Gusty, go to top of page and choose "User Control Panel"
There you can enter your location, which will display underneath your name! :D
0 likes   

TheBurn
Category 2
Category 2

#14 Postby TheBurn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Dr. Lyons just said it seems to be on the southern track of the cone (or something to that effect).
0 likes   

tropicsgal05
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#15 Postby tropicsgal05 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:57 pm

I lsao heard Dr. Lyons say the same thing. Im glad someone else heard that.
0 likes   

HurricaneQueen
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby HurricaneQueen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Please know that I will be thinking about all of you in the Eastern Caribbean. We just left SXM after our annual two week stay. I consider that our second home and after experiencing Luis in 1995, am very aware of weather issues in that gorgeous part of the world.

Stay safe,
Lynn
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#17 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:17 pm

HurricaneQueen wrote:Please know that I will be thinking about all of you in the Eastern Caribbean. We just left SXM after our annual two week stay. I consider that our second home and after experiencing Luis in 1995, am very aware of weather issues in that gorgeous part of the world.

Stay safe,
Lynn

Lynn,thank you for those words.Hopefully this does go away from the islands and goes fishing without afecting anyone.But because of the uncertainties of the track of this system all the members of this storm2k board who live in the islands in the Eastern Caribbean,From Puerto Rico eastward then down to Trinidad and Tobago should watch this closely have to follow closely what TD 8 maybe TS Ingrid soon is doing.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby Gustywind » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 pm

bvigal wrote:Gusty is in Guadeloupe!

Gusty, go to top of page and choose "User Control Panel"
There you can enter your location, which will display underneath your name! :D

:D :cheesy: :wink:
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby Gustywind » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:37 pm

cycloneye wrote:
HurricaneQueen wrote:Please know that I will be thinking about all of you in the Eastern Caribbean. We just left SXM after our annual two week stay. I consider that our second home and after experiencing Luis in 1995, am very aware of weather issues in that gorgeous part of the world.

Stay safe,
Lynn

Lynn,thank you for those words.Hopefully this does go away from the islands and goes fishing without afecting anyone.But because of the uncertainties of the track of this system all the members of this storm2k board who live in the islands in the Eastern Caribbean,From Puerto Rico eastward then down to Trinidad and Tobago should watch this closely have to follow closely what TD 8 maybe TS Ingrid soon is doing.

:lol: :) :wink: :wink:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Gusty I took care of your profile for you :-)
0 likes   

Return to “2007”