Painting Ceilings

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#21 Postby Pburgh » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Me too.
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Painting Ceilings

#22 Postby dizzyfish » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Done with the hall bath! (well I may have to put another coat on the door molding)

I picked up a 5" wide roller with about a 8" handle this morning - worked beautifully! I did the cut in with a brush. The corners are bumpy so I couldn't use one of the corner things. I kept my little pan with water and a sponge handy and wiped up my couple of oopsies. :lol:

On a side note - been wishing for rain like the rest of us and it started raining while I was painting. Then the boomers started and Winnie (dog) came looking for "mommy". I'm thinking - oh no, please don't try to come in here and lay down! She went into hiding - she just doesn't like storms after 2004. Can't say as I blame her much.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help! I really appreciate it.

Now, how long do I have to wait before I take the blue tape off?

Dotty
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#23 Postby CajunMama » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:09 pm

You got me beat! I'm getting ready to go in and start removing the wallpaper on the ceiling. Then tonight i hope it'll be dry enough to paint. I've got electricians coming tomorrow to do some other stuff and i bought a new light fixture for this bath that hangs from the ceiling (3 suspended lamps with some really pretty colored glass globes). Off to unglue!
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby dizzyfish » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:26 pm

:uarrow: You be careful with that unglueing! No burns please!

You forgot - I have one more bath to go. :cheesy:
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#25 Postby CajunMama » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 pm

I returned the steamer. I tried wallpaper remover. Blah...didn't do much. Good ol' warm water seems to be working the best. This wallpaper has been up since 1990 and you would think it would be ready to come off! I'm halfway done. I didn't spend all that time working...had to go pick up one of the dogs at the groomer and some other stuff.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#26 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:31 pm

You gals are getting me wondering if I should tackle a room in my house. With 2 daughters home this summer and hubby with a new boat, I don't have a lot of down time. But since I'm off work for the summer (school district employee) I should in theory, get busy huh? Maybe I'll give my bedroom a whirl (it's never been repainted, in 18 years! It's the very last room that we never seem to get around to....LOL).

Dotty - I had to laugh, our Golden holes up in our powder room during storms or fireworks. She just takes one look at the windows and walks in, closing the door with her paw. When the time comes to redo that room, it will be a battle between the two of us - I just hope to pick a good time, wx wise! Otherwise I might be competing with a dog too!

CM - glad you got the wallpaper off. Aren't you so glad that job is done now!
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#27 Postby CajunMama » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Second coat of ceiling paint on. I'm going to do one more coat and it should be perfect. The electricians can put in the lights and i can patch the hole where the old light was and i'll be ready to paint the walls. The ceiling is a pale creamy yellow, the walls will be a creamy yellow and the vanity and the cupboard above the toilet will be a brick red. The light globes have gold & brick red in them. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

The wallpaper that was on the ceiling was a peach, dk green, beige paisley. That'll tell you how old it was (1990). The ceiling is 9' and now it seems like 12' with the light color on it.
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby Pburgh » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:14 am

What color towels will you put in there?
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#29 Postby dizzyfish » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:40 am

CM - Those colors sound wonderful together! I bet that light fixture will set everthing off real nice too.

I want to see a pic please!
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#30 Postby CajunMama » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:54 am

Thank you. I like the colors too :D I'm funny when it comes to picking colors. I'll find an object and choose my colors from that object. In my old house i had a blue wall telephone and went from there :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”