White Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TazzyD
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

White Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce

#1 Postby TazzyD » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:15 pm

This recipe is absolutely yummy. It's worth the time invested as the blend of the chocolate crust, cream cheese filling and raspberry sauce is a culinary delight to the taste buds. If nothing else you can always buy a cheesecake at the store and make the raspberry sauce at home to put on your cheesecake.

WHITE CHEESECAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE

CRUST INGREDIENTS:

1 and 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies or oreo crumbs

3 tbsp. butter, melted

CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS:

3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, room temp

1/2 c. sugar

2 tbsp. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. vanilla

2 egg whites

1 c. whipping cream

RASPBERRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:

1 (12-oz) pkg. unsweetened, frozen raspberries, thawed

1/2 c. sugar

1 tsp. lemon juice

For crust, combine cookie crumbs with the butter. Press into the bottom of a 8" or 9" springform pan.

For cheesecake, combine cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until just mixed. Add egg whites, beating on low speed just until mixed. Add in whipping cream and beat on low speed just until all ingredients are mixed and creamy. Pour into crust lined springform pan.

Place pan on a baking sheet in oven. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven 40-45 minutes for an 8'' pan, or 30-35 minutes for a 9'' pan or until center appears nearly set. Cool 15 minutes then loosen crust from pan sides. Cool 30 minutes more then remove sides of springform pan. Cool completely. Chill at least 4 hours to overnight.

For sauce, blend thawed raspberries in a blender until just smooth. Press raspberry puree through a strainer to remove seeds. Combine pureed, seedless raspberries with the 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. lemon juice and heat in saucepan until the sugar dissolves; cool. Cover and chill sauce. Serve cheesecake with sauce.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:01 pm

Now this sounds yummy and I love cheesecake. :D
0 likes   

TazzyD
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby TazzyD » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:14 am

Lindaloo wrote:Now this sounds yummy and I love cheesecake. :D

It really is a yummy recipe. That's why I make it only once a year at holidays. I'd end up looking like a butterball turkey if I made it more cuz I love it so much. :lol:
0 likes   

PurdueWx80
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#4 Postby PurdueWx80 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:19 pm

WOW...sounds great. I actually have a recipe for a cheesecake quite similar to this, although it uses cranberries and raspberries in the cake and in the sauce. It's great in the Fall or early Winter (well, for me cheesecake is good ANY time of year!)
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:38 am

I tried this over the weekend and I must say it was very delicious. I used the graham cracker crust instead of oreos though. If any of you have not tried this one you do not know what you are missing. :D

Same here Purdue. I love cheesecake.

Thanks Tazzy!
0 likes   

TazzyD
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby TazzyD » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:53 pm

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”