Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe: Edited 04/17

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DoctorHurricane2003

Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe: Edited 04/17

#1 Postby DoctorHurricane2003 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Just made it up today, was pretty good. It took about an hour for me to get it all together, but I am not very quick at dicing fresh vegetables...lol.

Some of these processes are kind of strange in how I did it, but the end product was wonderful.

Ingredients:

5-6 Chicken Tenderloins, fresh or frozen.
Vegetable Oil
1 packet Taco Bell Chipotle Taco Seasoning
3-4 Dried New Mexico Chilis
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Anaheim Chili
1 Medium Yellow Onion
5 Roma Tomatoes
1 Can Regular Rotel
1 Can Swanson's Chicken Broth
Minced Garlic
Cornstarch
Green Onions
Fresh Cilantro
Oregano
Cumin
Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper

In a frypan on a medium setting, fry the chicken tenderloins in vegetable oil. Once both sides are white, add a little taco seasoning to each side and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, then add 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of water. Let that sit for several minutes. While that is sitting, begin to boil water in a large pot and add chopped new mexican chilis to it. Once the frypan begins to simmer, remove from heat. Gradually reduce the temperature of the boiling pot to a medium-low setting. While the chilis are boiling, dice the Bell Pepper, Onion, and Anaheim chili. Then add this to the large soup pot, along with the chicken and the water that was added to it, two tbsp. vegetable oil, the rotel, the chicken broth, a few dashes of onion powder, a few dashes of cumin, a dash or two of oregano, and a dash of the taco seasoning. Raise the temperature to a medium setting. Dice the five tomatoes, then add to the pot. Then chop the green onions and cilantro (reduce the amount of stems you place in it) and add. Once this is done, add the remaining taco seasoning, a tablespoon of cornstarch, two tablespoons of minced garlic, a few more dashes of onion powder, another dash or two of cumin, and a few dashes of salt and pepper. Cook on a medium setting for 30 minutes, followed by 30 more minutes on a medium-low setting. Stir occasionally.
0 likes   

W13
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby W13 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:29 pm

Sounds like a great recipe, I will have to give it a try. :)
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby TexasStooge » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:39 am

MMMM!!
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

alicia-w
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby alicia-w » Tue May 31, 2005 7:53 am

with all the chilies in there, what's the point of a bell pepper? i cant stand the taste of those and was just wondering what benefit it offered. thanks
0 likes   

DoctorHurricane2003

#5 Postby DoctorHurricane2003 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:15 pm

health benefit and it adds taste. I can't stand the taste of green or red bell peppers unless they are in salsa...so that's why I used the golden bell pepper. It makes it taste fairly good and there is no bitterness to it.
0 likes   

alicia-w
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby alicia-w » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:08 pm

aha, that makes more sense. thanks.
0 likes   

DoctorHurricane2003

#7 Postby DoctorHurricane2003 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 am

bump for the cold weather ;)
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby arkess7 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:26 pm

sounds good!!! might have to give it a try.. and add some tortilla chips crushed on the top right when eating!! yummo!!
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”